Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Spinoff question from how to spot a homeschooling mom pic

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 11 Replies
So, that photo got me to thinkin'...

For those of you who have homeschooled young ones and older ones...

I know it's never easy, but did it get easier as your children got older? Like, did/do you feel a bit less frazzled with everyone being potty trained, can make their own bowl of cereal, can bathe themselves, focus longer, fluent readers, ok you get the picture lol :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Yes and no. In ways it got easier because they can help more and are more independent. At the same time they started asking tougher questions and became more ummm opinionated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM

yes , yes, yes sarah! i seemed to have more time! the kids could do all you wrote and they all had chores! so that gave me more time to work on curr plans, to learn alg or trig, (you know keep a head of the kids!hahaha)etc

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I haven't made it there, yet, but from what I can see, it's going to be great. LOL I try not to look over the fence too much, yet, though, since my youngest is still only 10 months.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree w/ Debbie. With my kids being older, they can do a lot more independantly, including helping with the household chores. This means I can spend moe Ine planning and doing CM!
Saraho5
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't wanna wish my time away with the lil ones, but sometimes I think how nice it'll be when they are more independent. & finished teething :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I have to agree with both Debs and Momof3boyz.  For the same reasons as theirs.  The older my kids got/get, I have to keep learning so that I can at least help them somewhat when needed.  And then they ask some of the most difficult, phylisphical, thought provoking questions and you have to be prepared for those since you don't want to give an answer that isn't quite right.

wubbunny420
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM

i found it was easier as they got older until high school. Then it got really complex. I think its hard just in a different way.

victorianmom55
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

It does get easier, but as wubbunny said, it gets more complex with high school, it is still fun though.

Shari, wife to John 4/88, mom to Heather 1/77,Nyssa 4/89, Michaela 8/94

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I agree with what the others said!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Like some of the gals have said I dont want to wish my time away of them being little. But I often day dream about the day there are no more diapers and everyone can read and write! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN