Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Retrospective Thoughts

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are there ever any days where you've thought... gee, I wish I could have taught such and such, in a different way?  Maybe you thought you didn't do as brilliant a job as you wanted. 

Have you ever gone back and re-taught a subject?   If so, what did you do, How? 

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Ummm, everything? Lol the kids are child led, so I have to think quick on my feet with answers and sometimes I realize later I was wrong (gasp!) then I have to subtly reintroduce whatever the lesson was...lol...I did this with the reason the sky is blue. I knew it had to do with refraction...but my explanation was wonky - I think my explanation implied all the rest of the colors bounced back toward space..lol..not what I ment but I went waaaaay too deep for a 3 y/o..lol.
victorianmom55
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Many times, and that is what I love about homeschooling! We are able to revisit topics that just seemed to be wonky or made no sense..  A lot of times my daughter's would research the topic themselves and present me with a two page paper...lol

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Most of first grade science and history. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I was just thinking about this today.  If I could go back, I would be less unschooly with dd and more structured.  My kids choose to go to public high school and unschooling does not do much for them past 4th or 5th grade.  My ds is starting 6th grade in September and I'm planning on sticking with a 3 hour a day, 4 day a week schedule no matter what.  Time management and a good work ethic will also be incorporated.  Even after 7 years, I'm still evolving as a homeschooler.

gacgbaker
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I was just thinking this earlier today- the kids had some questions and I really didn't answer them well, it's hard not to get frustrated at myself, but I guess it doesn't hurt just to pull them aside again and say 'hey remember what we talked about yesterday, I was thinking and I think this is a better way to answer your questions..."

oredeb
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

no i cant think of anything i'd do different with the lessons, subjects, we read a lot, so learned a lot from  books, and hands on, unit studies, sometimes we'd go off on something else for a while, so we never really new what adventures our unit studies would take us on,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN