Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Field Trips???? where you goin??

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

do you have any field trips planned this week?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melindabelcher
by Mel on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Not yet. 

Thinking the science museum boston

victorianmom55
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

No, we are planning for the school year though

gacgbaker
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:04 AM

We are learning about the solar system this week and will head to the Science Center on Friday.  

ablessedlife
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:20 AM
We went to a honey bee farm on Monday. It was a sweet trip!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM
We went camping over the weekend. Plan on going several more times this summer.

Hoping to find some activities for Julia, I think the public parks have some fun things to do for free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

hahahahah i bet it was sweet!!!hahahaha

Quoting ablessedlife:

We went to a honey bee farm on Monday. It was a sweet trip!

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I am HS my daughter throughout the summer (about half the time we will take during normal shool year).  I will start the boys in the fall.  We are not really planning any field trips though.  It is just too hot and we don't have the extra money.

I am hoping to be able to go to the GA aquarium after the PS goes back.  I will also take my daughter to the pumpkin patch in the fall.  We will also go to some national and state parks for field trips.  We will also do some camping trips.  I think I will let the boys keep up with all the different fish they catch and at what times they catch them.  They can do this everytime we go camping and then they can compare..

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM
We are going to our libraries lego night next week. Should be fun. They do it once a month and they have a theme like star wars or city. Each child can build and contribute what ever they want. Its a big hit. We are also going to our local state park to spend the day at the beach, swim, fish and cook out nest week.
Just not much going on this week. Except for organizing, decluttering and working on this years curric! (I'm in heaven ;)
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

hmmm...a little too hot here to be out, in the 90's all week.  We're planning on just staying close to home and maybe doing some crafts and scince experiments.  One of our most interesting field trips was not planned, it involved a regular trip to the grocery store.  There was work being done on the ATM machine and my kids were completely fascinated.  The man was very friendly and patient and was willing to explain all the mechanics of the machine.  The kids were talking about that one for weeks!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)