See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
Hm, that's a hard question to answer. I think there have been two very defining moments for me. The first and best was the day I made the decision to homeschool. I had to truly put what I felt was and is best for my children in front of my own fears. It's been tough standing firm in my choice when most of my family and peer group is against it. The other equally defining moment for me was when I left my first husband. I was 19 and scared to be a single mom to a one year old, but knew I wanted more for my child than that relationship could give her. It was a huge challenge, but I was willing to do everything in my power to give my child/ren a happy home.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I'm usually found hanging out in Homeschooling Moms or Pregnancy.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I love the movement and fluidity found here. I can have friends for all facets of my life. It's fun to be in Fruglistas and see one of my Pregnancy friends looking for budget hints or meeting other homeschoolers in Mom Confessions.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I enjoy walking with my headphones blaring or reading a book without being interrupted.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: The World According to Garp, IT, Pegasus in Space
Movie: I don't have a favorite, right now, but I like Action and Comedy
Song: Too many to name
Food: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Mexican, and Pot Roast
Place to travel to: I like visiting historical sites
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Hm, I don't follow many, but maybe Jennifer Garner, just because she seems so normal.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Listen to what everyone has to say, and then, whatever your heart agreed with, use. There are very few wrong ways to raise a child. Love them and they'll grow up fine. 8)
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
Either discombobulated or supermegaawesomesauce LOL
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I wanted to be an executive secretary in 2nd grade. I'm not sure why I wanted to be one. I think I heard the term on a TV show like Murphy Brown. lol Now, I'm blessed to be a SAH-homeschooling-M to four kids.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
Anyone who has an empty house, no plans to get dressed, fast WiFi and a stash of chocolate near their fluffy bed.
Now answer her question for YOU:
How did you stumble across CafeMom and do you tell your real life friends about it, or do you prefer to keep it a secret so you have your own little Internet niche?