Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If we can't manange balance in our lives...

If we can't manage balance in our lives then how can we expect to model it for our children?

I see a lot of posts on cafemom about how you give up everything for your children. You don't go out anymore, your sex life suffers, your hobbies fall by the wayside.

I don't understand that frame of mind at all. It is great for your children to see you have a life outside of them. It teaches them balance and yes, that it is okay to put yourself first on that list of priorities.

I feel that this is especially important being a homeschooling parent when time to ourselves is even more limited and restricted.

LilySlim - (d3wP)

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Replies (11-13):
black.eyeliner
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I have curriculum for pagan studies. All the holidays and such so we can celebrate the solstices and equinoxes.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting black.eyeliner:

LMBO, I hear ya! There are not a lot of alternative religion/philosophical curricula out there. I design my own as well. I was just hoping you might have some pre-packaged/philosophical/non-xtian curricula, but I do not think many exist.

I LOVED Dahrma and Greg. How fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I need to get out of the house every once in a while, just like anyone, but I guess I don't equate it to 'me time'. If a friend invites me to coffee and it lines up with my hubby's work schedule and my breast feeding, I'll go. If it doesn't I don't. Most of my friends have kids and we do park play dates. The kids play and my friend and I chitchat while pushing toddlers on the swings. Does that not count as 'me time'? It's fulfilling for me, but I have the kids with me. Rob and I take romantic walks through a park in the evening, while pushing a stroller and 3 kids running ahead. LOL Maybe we're just losers? 8)

Shari55
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting mem82:

I need to get out of the house every once in a while, just like anyone, but I guess I don't equate it to 'me time'. If a friend invites me to coffee and it lines up with my hubby's work schedule and my breast feeding, I'll go. If it doesn't I don't. Most of my friends have kids and we do park play dates. The kids play and my friend and I chitchat while pushing toddlers on the swings. Does that not count as 'me time'? It's fulfilling for me, but I have the kids with me. Rob and I take romantic walks through a park in the evening, while pushing a stroller and 3 kids running ahead. LOL Maybe we're just losers? 8)

I love your last line, I don't consider that losers at all, you have found a way to have time with each other and letting your children burn off energy for a nice quiet transition to bedtime for them. 

Without Faith there is no Hope, Without Hope there is no Faith, this is true in all religions.

Shari

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN