Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Another week of scorching hot temps....what to do???

Posted by   + Show Post

Just checking my weather this morning I saw we are having a 2nd week of temps between 90 and 100 and no end in sight!  It's 8am and my ac is running constantly.  We'll probaly keep cool by having some sprinkler mornings and playing games and reading inside in the afternoon.  The bigger ? is what to cook for dinner?  With temps like these I don't like to make big meals.  What are you doing to stay cool and What's for dinner??? 

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (11-13):
Shari55
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting Shari55:

Well it is suppose to be in the upper 90's with a heat index of 103! Also one of my window a/c's decided to start leaking into the apartment...so am going to have the girls help reposition it and hope that is the problem and not that it broke ( I did hear something crack the other day when it shut down(energy saver), so I will find out).

My girls are older and will either read or play on the PS3, or find a movie to watch...if all else fail, this mom will watch Lord of The Rings extended edition...clears out the living room every time....LOL

The frame probably just cracked a bit. Realigning it should work.

It did, thank goodness...cause today was even hotter

Shari,  not just a wife, mom, grandma, I am also a daycare provider and a Kindergarten teacher

ablessedlife
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
We're in Canada and we're having the hot weather too (90-95degrees). We've been doing thEse:

1) Watermelon with crullers/fritters , whatever you want to call them. They are deep fried but they are done fast and are oh so good. I can give you the recipe if you want it.

2)BBQ outside. Add salads (potato salad - boil them in the morning).

3) Sandwiches or roll-ups/wraps with sandwich meat and/or veggies.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
We put two colors in a bag together (ziplock) and they watch them melt together to make a new color. I also just give them some to play with in buckets of water outside so they can experiment with them doing whatever they want. Add more water, less water, more red cubes, more blue, etc.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting Boobah:

We put a blow up pool in the garage, give kids water and colored ice cubes to play with, sprinkler and water table fun, stay inside with the air, build forts/tents inside, play with flashlights...

Dinner was hot dogs on the grill, baked beans, and chips. We ave been trying to grill as much as we can so we don't heat up the house.

What do they do with colored ice cubes? Do they play with them in the pool?

And we don't have a grill. When it gets really muggy we just do grinders for dinner..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)