Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

thank you!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just recently joined cafe mom, and I am a single mother of an 18-month old girl, so I havent had much time to even look around on this site. Let me start by saying I am not a homeschooling mom, but I wanted to join to express my appreciation for the discussion about "why bother having kids" which caught my eye. After reading it, it has really opened my eyes. I love my baby girl, watching her grow, and spending time with her. But I also have found myself longing for more alone time and sometimes I feel like im going crazy. I have pretty much no family or friends that I can leave my daughter with to get a break. The only time im ever away from her is at church for 1 1/2 hrs. I am so grateful to have read these posts while my daughter is still so young. She is a beautiful blessing, and for me to be longing for breaks all the time seems selfish. Spending time with her is so much more important than anything I could find to do on my own time. Thank you to all the mothers who have posted and offered insight that has changed the way I feel about this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome! And let me be the first to say it does get easier! Once she's a little older there won't be such a constant demand on your time. I've never really had family that could take my boys for extended periods. But having groups like this one helps me.
oredeb
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM

hi kiki!! i know what you mean'spending time with the kids' i came to the same conclusions when i was a single mom(years ago), its worth it, and they will thank you in lots of ways!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad to see that post has helped someone!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

It does get easier! Once they are a little older, they will naturally want more space. Soon you'll have a 3 year old that closes her bedroom door on you and asks for 'me time' herself. 8) LOL

Good luck to you! I was a single mom once, too, and it was no walk in the park.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM
*smile*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)