Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi all,

I am new to all of this. I just graduated from college and am thrilled because this will be my first FULL year home with my children. I have never worked, but I had school anywhere from 3-5 days a week so I was really informal with schooling. 

I want to start working on reading skills with my 4 year old. I have heard great reviews from All About Reading and All About Spelling. I saw on the website they had a pre reading program, and wondered if any of you moms have tried it?

http://www.allaboutlearningpress.com/all-about-reading-level-pre-1-deluxe-package/ 

I know a kit probably is not necessary, but I do like the idea of just being able to grab it and go do a lesson in our spare time. The reviews on the site were all positive, but I love hearing from moms who homeschool. I have a 2 year old also, but since this is just prereading skills I figure he could benefit as well. 

-Lindsey 

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Replies (21-21):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a coupon code for a free 5 week trial if you decide to try it. I can't use it because I've already used two codes, which is all they allow. Just message me if you want it :) you could use it, and google for another 5 week trial and potentially get up to 10 weeks free. I think I got 7 weeks free.

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

Cool! Thank you I will definitely look into that. :)

Quoting Boobah:

I also love the website readingeggs.com! We just got a year subscription after our free trial because dd loves it so much

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN