Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My son wants to do an animal project he has picked tigers now I want to put a work sheet to help him do the project (he is 7) not Homeschooled but I wanted to keep up his studies during the summer....so he decided to do an animal project, a event (he picked ww2) and a person (Terry fox a Canadian)

Now how do I go around doing this where its still fun but gets him ready for grade 2)

Thinking of a work sheet simple (habitat, markings, diet, threats) and having a mat he has to colour where they are found..just not sure...

This is all his idea...he wants to learn lots this summer so he doesnt feel stupid come september..(which broke my heart a little)

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (11-17):
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Quoting ablessedlife:

Are you sure you want to do WW2 with a 7 yo? I mean, the subject is so heavy and depressing. Just thought I'd mention that.

He wanted that one...his other choice was 9/11...I guess its my fault I support the troops and he knows that, knows that there is wars going on and that Soldiers (all branches) keep us safe...

He just said he might do something different...

Shelley927
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

take a trip to museums and the zoo

ablessedlife
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM
How about a summer topic, like insects, plants, birds, etc.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Have you considered a lapbook?  It is a file folders or folders glued together on which you make little booklets about whatever you are studying.  Here a link to some animal lapbooks:

http://www.homeschoolshare.com/index_animal_studies.php

melindabelcher
by Mel on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Zoo/museum/library/internet
To collect data, take pictures, cut it out of magazines
Profile where they live, what they eat, how long they live, endangered or not, etc you can do one page per category and then punch holes and make his own little book or do a poster for each
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Those lap books are great! Would be great for a project in school too!

He is really excited for this!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Quoting bether89:

Have you considered a lapbook?  It is a file folders or folders glued together on which you make little booklets about whatever you are studying.  Here a link to some animal lapbooks:

http://www.homeschoolshare.com/index_animal_studies.php

I was just going to suggest that! Especially w/ a 1st/2nd grader, who might not be up on writing a ton.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN