Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy independence day! What did you do today?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
I can't believe it is July! What did you do today? Barbecues? Fireworks? Relax?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Our kids played outside in the sprinklers
Grilled out
Going to watch fireworks from our deck
Relax
Snuggle a baby ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

We haven't finished our transformation in the dinning room so we worked on it.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Well first of all, we actually slept until 8:00 this morning..lol.  We spent the first part of the day straightening up the house.  We grilled out with my in-laws.  We had steak, BBQ ribs, and hamburgers.  We also had deviled eggs, baked beans, and turnip greens.

Then the kids made American flags.  They did alot of improvising though since we didn't have a few things and they didn't have time to cut out 150 white stars...lol.

The boys went to their room to play some video games and my daughter stayed in the living room with us for a while.  We just spent part of the day being lazy while we waited to go outside to shoot fireworks..It was too hot to be outside today..

Then we finally got to shoot fireworks..The bad thing is that we had to stop because some crazy people nearby starting shooting a gun!!!  I told my husband that if I heard it again, I was going to call the cops.  I guess they stopped when we stopped shooting them.  It was probably about 9:15-9:30 and they were also shooting fireworks so I know it wasn't because they were upset....We were afraid that they might be drunk so we just decided to come on in the house.

Other than that we had a great day.  My DD said she had SO MUCH FUN!!  lol.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
We always have people shooting guns here, too. Especially on new years. I figured it was because there are a lot of rednecks around here.,lol

Quoting starbeck96:

Well first of all, we actually slept until 8:00 this morning..lol.  We spent the first part of the day straightening up the house.  We grilled out with my in-laws.  We had steak, BBQ ribs, and hamburgers.  We also had deviled eggs, baked beans, and turnip greens.

Then the kids made American flags.  They did alot of improvising though since we didn't have a few things and they didn't have time to cut out 150 white stars...lol.

The boys went to their room to play some video games and my daughter stayed in the living room with us for a while.  We just spent part of the day being lazy while we waited to go outside to shoot fireworks..It was too hot to be outside today..

Then we finally got to shoot fireworks..The bad thing is that we had to stop because some crazy people nearby starting shooting a gun!!!  I told my husband that if I heard it again, I was going to call the cops.  I guess they stopped when we stopped shooting them.  It was probably about 9:15-9:30 and they were also shooting fireworks so I know it wasn't because they were upset....We were afraid that they might be drunk so we just decided to come on in the house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shari55
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I had a job interview in the morning, for a nanny position, will find out this weekend whether I got the job or not. Really cute children a girls who is 27 months and a newborn little boy, the daughter is very talkitive and such a good big sister taken care of her brother.

Came home, changed into comfortable clothes and didn't do much of anything else, was just too hot and muggy.

We did grill, chicken and had roasted potatoes and carrots

Watched some television, listened to the illegal fireworks( it is illegal to have fireworks in Chicago) in the alley behind my apartment. Get to go clean up the aftermath this morning.

Shari,  not just a wife, mom, grandma, I am also a daycare provider and a Kindergarten teacher

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM

We hear them shooting every now and then but usually they only shoot once.  We don't usually think anything about it since we do live in the country.  But this time they shot, I know, at least 8-10 times.  It sounded like a -22 and it was after we shot off a firework...

We just didn't want to take any chances.  Our houses are not that far apart.  We can't really see their house because of all the trees between, but we can hear their kids when they are outside playing..

Quoting Boobah:

We always have people shooting guns here, too. Especially on new years. I figured it was because there are a lot of rednecks around here.,lol

Quoting starbeck96:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)