Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you think Angie really finds it "easy" to raise six kids?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

Angelina Jolie Says Raising 6 Kids Is 'Easy' (Do Her Nannies Agree?)

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on July 3, 2012 

Angelina JolieAngelina Jolie says that raising six children is "just so easy for me." NOW. Wait, here's the whole quote: "It’s just so easy for me to be looking after the kids even though it takes a lot of energy and you don’t have much time for yourself." NOW. Okay ... I'm gathering my thoughts. It's taking awhile. Okay. Here is what I'm thinking. Angelina's brain has melted due to sleep deprivation. Proof? She also told OK! magazine: "I don’t feel as if I’m depriving myself from anything except maybe sleep." Ah ha! So it was a lack of sleep that made her say raising six kids was "easy." Orrrrrr could it be all those nannies and that household staff she has to help her? Hmmm?

NOW. I am not going to jump down Angelina's throat for DARING to say that raising six kids is easy and especially DARING to say this when she has lots of outside help -- at least five nannies according to some reports. Enough people are going to do that for me. I'm going to take the high road here. Sort of.

First off, she could have just meant that it was "easy" in terms of that she enjoys being a mom to a big brood. That it "feels easy" because she really likes it. She always looks so happy and carefree with her kids, she seems like she really has fun doing it.

Secondly, although she doesn't specifically SAY "it's easy because I have a lot of hired help" -- as Julia Roberts has admitted -- maybe that's what she meant? Stretching it here, but maybe.

Thirdly, I'm sure she didn't quite mean to sound like this was all no sweat, and that anyone can pop out six kids and have an easy life. The words could be out of context. Or she meant "easy" compared to, say, Octomom, who seems to be having it a lot tougher.

Or we could just stick with that sleep deprivation theory. Which might explain that leg thing too.

Do you think Angie really finds it "easy" to raise six kids?

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melindabelcher
by Mel on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on your definition of "raising" to me, no. I have 3, and its not easy, but I didnt expect it to be :)
Raising is more then kissing them on the forehead and holding their hand as they walk through crowds of papparartzi!
Of course she does,.cause shes not raising them!! She has nannies getting up in the middle of the night and taking care of the kids, cooks making all the meals, maids cleaning up after everyone.
I think its sad, who is really raising these kids? Who is teaching them morals, who do they go to when they are scared in the night, who sits and plays with them and reads?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Of course things are EASY when you have a ton of money, and so much help..and you're gone about 1/2 the year traveling to film sets.....so, my question, if when, exactly, is SHE doing the raising?

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

i thought most of her kids were adopted?

snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
She has 3 that are her bio children a girl and then twins (boy/girl)
I can't remember there names off hand.

Quoting oredeb:

i thought most of her kids were adopted?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Eh, I'm sure she spends some time with them, on weekends and vacations, but I don't think she is carrying the full load of actually having six children. I'm not saying that's wrong or right, but each kid has a nanny or two and they have a cook and a doctor fly around with them. I'm sure they take up time, but I don't think she has it nearly as hard, as a regular joe mom with 6 kids.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Quoting mem82:

Eh, I'm sure she spends some time with them, on weekends and vacations, but I don't think she is carrying the full load of actually having six children. I'm not saying that's wrong or right, but each kid has a nanny or two and they have a cook and a doctor fly around with them. I'm sure they take up time, but I don't think she has it nearly as hard, as a regular joe mom with 6 kids.

I agree! It like how being a grandparent is easier than being a parent. You can be in on all the fun times, but send the kids home when they are sick or cranky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)