Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is your doctor supportive of your choice to homeschool?  We recently switched doctors because our previous one seemed really too forceful with opinions- we found one that is great!  She listens, offers advice, but doesn't force it, and is patient with each question.  She is encouraging and I feel like the kids had a visit with a grandma figure by the end of the appointment.

She is a huge supporter of homeschooling even!  I'm so glad we found her!

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (21-24):
Gumberly
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM
My pediatrician is a jerk in my opinion. He was recommended to me by a friend who loves him so I have tried for a long time to make it work but it has never been a good fit. I always left feeling like a idiot and dreaded going to check ups. He would ask question that I felt were none of his business and talk down to me constantly. My friend, bless her heart, is very liberal and very mainstream fallow along with the other sheep thinking so the few times I tried talking to her about it she had a ton of ready excuses for the doctor.
I am pretty sure if he heard I was homeschooling he would have a list of objections but will never find out because I don't plan on going back. As soon as we have health insurance again I will go pediatrician shopping.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Our doctor is supportive.

melindabelcher
by Mel on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Hmmm. I would imagine theyre going to be fine with it but no guarantee.
They are barely tolerable with our anti vax choice so we'll see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:23 AM
We sort of have a ped, I guess. DS is 12 and had some sleep issues so we went twice. No real help. We spend more time at our allergist. DD 22 and DS 12 and I see her every 3 Mo or so. She's not phased by our hs, said it was "neat" if anything, and asked DS what he wanted to be when he grows up. Our 16 and 19 yo dd's go to a sort of urgent care clinic nearby if needed. As in, wrecked the car and needed a shoulder X-ray. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN