Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling Makes Kids Freaks !

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

I happen to have five of them and here is one in all her glory.

My 17 year old made her first loaf of gluten free bread today for her father. She is so proud. Doesn't that look yummy. This is the joys of homeschooling.

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great! I love to see the kids learn how to cook & have it turn out just right!

black.eyeliner
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM

It tastes amazing too ! I told her she must bake bread all the time now. Plus she is making cookies, brownies, and cupcakes. Oh and her own frosting which is so much better than the canned stuff. 

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

What about learning life skills makes kids freaks?  I think it is awesome that she got to learn how to cook using a

special kind of recipe.  I hope he enjoys it!! 

black.eyeliner
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Its just a joke considering the freaky grin on her face. She laughed at the photo and said she looked like the freak that people thought homeschooled kids are.  

Quoting coala:

What about learning life skills makes kids freaks?  I think it is awesome that she got to learn how to cook using a

special kind of recipe.  I hope he enjoys it!! 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol, let our freaky kids unite and they'll rule the world someday!! (or they'll secretly design a space station and they'll all chose to live off planet, who knows!) lol
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM

My kids where destined to be freaks just by having my hubby & I as parents! Oh & they are proud to be freaks! HAHAHA

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Awesome looking bread!  I have 3 or 4 that love to do this and 1 that loves to make her own frosting/icing too.  Way to go sweety.  : )

oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

ohhh that is so fantastic!!!!  its looks very yummmy good job!! ohh i think she needs to start a cooking blog!!!

will she give us her recipe??

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Lol when I was 12-16 and homeschooling I loved to cook and bake! :) i remember one time I got it in my head I was gonna make my moms biscuits and they kept turning out wrong. I must have made them every morning for 10 days straight before they turned out like hers. Lol my brother(being the breakfast man in the family) was in heaven!
That bread looks great!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM
That looks DELICIOUS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN