Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a certain area set aside in your house that is dedicated to homeschooling, or do you just do the work wherever is most comfortable at the time? I am starting my daughter (4-soon-to-be-5) in September and ideally planned on having a "classroom" for her, but as we are looking at houses, I am starting to think it might not happen. I am pregnant and due in September, so we will have 4 children, 2 in each room. We had originally planned on using part of her bedroom as a classroom, until we found out we were pregnant again! My husband flips houses on the side, so we were thinking that maybe he could finish off a part of the basement. Do you think it's really necessary to have a designated place to sit and do our work everyday? Keep in mind I will also have to be tending to the 2 year old and newborn baby! I am not sure if she will be able to concentrate sitting at our kitchen table with the other two playing.

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Replies (21-21):
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

We have a desk in the kitchen for DS to do his work on, but he usually works at the kitchen table.  We don't have an extra room for the school stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN