Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

lol My friend says I wont be able to leave my house anymore!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok. Lol My friend (who also homeschools) has informed me that pretty soon I wont be able to leave my house given the new changes taking place.

Let me explain.
We are young parents, we run our own business, we homeschool, we practice attachment parenting and a variety of people call me crunchy(cook bake from scratch, sew, crochet, garden, can, coupon, make homemade cleaning products)..and the new thing? I (due to health reasons) have become vegan(more or less)

I was talking to my friend today and she goes. 'Oh My Gosh! You aren't going to be able to leave your house pretty soon. This little town we live in isn't going to be able to handle you.' (We live in a very rural town)
Lol yep that would be us the walking freak show. It probably doesn't help that I am not a fan of all the homeschool groups in the area(they are very clickish) also we avoid large crowds in the winter because of the germs. Ds(7) has an auto immune disorder and both our dd's have allergy/illness induced asthma.
And of course we weren't weird enough so I went vegan! Haha ;)
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Replies (21-26):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Yeah I had a not so nice run in with one of the coop moms a while back and I am kind of on the outside now. That is fine..I can't keep up with all that stuff anyways.
Ooh! I love educational sales and yard sales! Oh and Goodwill and the discount fabric store are my favorite places to go. Lol I am not normal. Haha

Quoting wowguildmomma:

Yea I am the only oddball here where i am locally (at least that I know personally). most join up with the hugs Coop that is here but it really isn't our thing and crowds freak out my Spectrum kids. Even when I go to the family reunion I am the one sitting over by my kids alone cause I can't keep up with the Mall hopper women in the family. I don't live for sales or mani pedi's or any of that. I live for educational sales and yard swaps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Ok since we're all throwing around recipes you've got me really curious...homemade cleaning products????...please fill me in.   (I think I'm getting more crunchy LOL) 

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Ok. Lol My friend (who also homeschools) has informed me that pretty soon I wont be able to leave my house given the new changes taking place.

Let me explain.
We are young parents, we run our own business, we homeschool, we practice attachment parenting and a variety of people call me crunchy(cook bake from scratch, sew, crochet, garden, can, coupon, make homemade cleaning products)..and the new thing? I (due to health reasons) have become vegan(more or less)

I was talking to my friend today and she goes. 'Oh My Gosh! You aren't going to be able to leave your house pretty soon. This little town we live in isn't going to be able to handle you.' (We live in a very rural town)
Lol yep that would be us the walking freak show. It probably doesn't help that I am not a fan of all the homeschool groups in the area(they are very clickish) also we avoid large crowds in the winter because of the germs. Ds(7) has an auto immune disorder and both our dd's have allergy/illness induced asthma.
And of course we weren't weird enough so I went vegan! Haha ;)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Quoting awilliams77:

I saw a picture on fb today.....weird is just a side effect of being AWESOME!
I'd go with that. :)
I was hs in high school, homeschooling my kids all the way to college, work full time (at night) and provide the family's health insurance, ebf all 4 , and my 16 yr old went vegan last fall. I don't think we fit any kinda mold...

Omg, this will be my new motto!
Precious333
by Julia on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

come to where I live (so. CA) you will be welcomed with opened arms! lol

JoyfulJ
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:35 AM

We might be moving to the deep south where I'll be the wacked out, crunchy, unschooling, attatchment parenting...only christian parent against spanking and other punitive, negative reinforcement parenting, person...I'm praying to find some mama's like me within 150 miles.

lucsch
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Search the internet for homemade cleaning recipes--there are tons of them! They are mostly made from white vinegar, baking soda, etc. I've been making some of the recipes. My favorite though is homemade laundry detergent. It is so much easier and cheaper and it WORKS. I was always picky about buying only laundry detergents with enzymes (that is the more expensive ones), but no more. I have not bought any since last November. :)

I'm not vegan, though one of my teenagers tried it a few years ago for about 6 months. It is hard to cook different meals. He got tired of it, too. Good luck to you on that. I could not go vegan, though I'd love to do it. I cannot eat soy products because of my thyroid condition.

I cook from scratch, do not like crowds, am a bit weird and always have been. I do go to a local co-op, really support group, but it is a unique group and they seem to like me okay. LOL

The older I get, the less I care about what other people think about my choices. It is so freeing! I highly encourage it.

Crunchy homeschoolers sounds like a great name for a new group (hint, hint).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)