Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I homeschooled as a child and loved it. It gave me extra time to learn other skills like sewing and horseback riding etc. Some of those skills I have carried into my adult life and have used in my everyday life.
I personally believe everyone should always be learning something. Education never ceases. We as homeschool moms should be working toward are own 'educations' as well as our childrens. I am not nec refering to college...I mean the education of life.
I recently had an opportunity to help a cousin with her wedding dress..it is a skill we both picked up as children and have worked on off and on as time allows. If I hadn't been taught when I was younger and had the time and opportunity to work on that skill while homeschooling I might not have been able to help her with her dress..and a variety of other projects I have had the amazing opportunities to help with and to experience. She has always been more into quilting(she taught me how) and I was more into designing clothes(I taught her how) she had a picture in her head of what she wanted and we worked together to make it happen.
So just a small reminder..the things we teach our children now..really can become something big later in life. :)
*the pic will be in the replies*
Let me know what you think!
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Replies (11-15):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

What a wonderful dress!  We definitely should always be learning. I've always said that living life is a lesson in and of itself...neverending. What we decide to learn or not learn, is all up to us. May it be a life-long course.  :)

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I agree! Learning is something that should happen everyday!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Thanks ladies. :) I know it wasn't homeschool related per say ...but it is just a reminder..our jobs as homeschool moms really do become something bigger. Plus I wanted to show it off to all of you lovely supportive ladies. ;) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cats911
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I made my own car seat covers before there ever was such a thing available.  I also made those things you put kids into in the grocery store if you do not want them to touch the cart.  I could have made so much money if I thought of patenting them :(

I make things I see and want or ideas of things.  I just make my own patterns and go from there.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Quoting cats911:

I made my own car seat covers before there ever was such a thing available.  I also made those things you put kids into in the grocery store if you do not want them to touch the cart.  I could have made so much money if I thought of patenting them :(

I make things I see and want or ideas of things.  I just make my own patterns and go from there.

Oh man you would have been filthy rich right now! Lol :) I like to do the same. I made my own clothe diapers, nursing covers, nursing pads, moby wrap, curtains, etc. Etc. It def saves money.. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)