Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What are you doing this weekend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Replies (21-28):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

It's even too hot for that, sadly. The humidity plus 100+ temperatures make it dangerous for the kids to really be outside. Even Cole, who goes outside, at least on the porch, rain or shine, won't go out. He gave himself heat exhaustion a week ago. 8( This heat isn't unheard of in Ohio for a few days in August, but it is in June!

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Besides cleaning and school planning? Nothing much. It's too hot to take the two littles out. 8(

Hot days are great for sprinklers and mud pies! Or shaving cream wars followed by a a hose down : )

Saraho5
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Crossing fingers for RAIN!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Quoting mem82:

It's even too hot for that, sadly. The humidity plus 100+ temperatures make it dangerous for the kids to really be outside. Even Cole, who goes outside, at least on the porch, rain or shine, won't go out. He gave himself heat exhaustion a week ago. 8( This heat isn't unheard of in Ohio for a few days in August, but it is in June!

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Besides cleaning and school planning? Nothing much. It's too hot to take the two littles out. 8(

Hot days are great for sprinklers and mud pies! Or shaving cream wars followed by a a hose down : )

OH NO! That is awefully hot. Hope Cole has recovered. Lots of movies and board games in your future then?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Yep, lots of indoor stuff!

Sadly, 3 elderly people in the county next to us passed away from the heat. 8( Luckily, Monday, we'll be back to the 80's.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

OH NO! That is awefully hot. Hope Cole has recovered. Lots of movies and board games in your future then?

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Quoting mem82:

Sadly, 3 elderly people in the county next to us passed away from the heat. 8( Luckily, Monday, we'll be back to the 80's.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Oh wow, that is very sad! Here is Houston we had scorching heat last week and the week before, but this week has been very pleasant. I hope your weather cools off a bit real soon.

What kind of movies do your kids watch?

RatherBeReading
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM

They are making a moving van, if I remember correctly. They made a nascar car a while back and it was pain the the patooty with the wheels and everything, so I was not looking forward to this one. We have decided to skip it.

Quoting Boobah:

I should check to see which workshop is offered. Julia loved the one at lowes.

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I am debating on doing the Home Depot kids workshop tomorrow.  We are also hopefully  fingers crossed setting up a pool this weekend! My SIL bought one and decided it was too small for her and is going to give it to us for free! Other than that, it's just the usual weekend grocery shopping and church.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

My kids, too!

Quoting starbeck96:

Tonight the boys have a baseball game. 

Tomorrow I may go to the grocery shopping in a town about 30 minutes from us because they have a publix and kroger.  I will take my daughter to Burger King there so she can play first though.  They have an indoor play area and we only have outdoor play areas here.  She needs to run off some energy..she is very hyper since we have been stuck in thehouse.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Well, we've watched Myth Busters, Modern Marvels, Addams Family and the Wiggles. LOL

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting mem82:

Oh wow, that is very sad! Here is Houston we had scorching heat last week and the week before, but this week has been very pleasant. I hope your weather cools off a bit real soon.

What kind of movies do your kids watch?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN