Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have your end of year assessments done (if required)?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you have your end of year assessments done (if required)? What kind of assessment did you (or will you) be doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Replies (11-13):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Okay, first check out and bookmark this page, I even have a printed copy in my records. These are the HS laws in Ohio:
http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Ohio.pdf

To homeschool in Ohio, you have to send a letter of intent (detailed in link above, super easy) to your district superintendent. This you do need to do before the district school year begins.

At the end of the years you have to submit an assessment to the superintendent. You can do that in one of three ways, also detailed in link above. We chose to do the portfolio with narrative because I know Julia would freeze and probably flip out if I tried to put her in a room with people's he didn't know and take a test. Also, because I know a few teachers. Lol

It looks like you will still have to do this at the end of kinder because it doesnt specify grades.

Ohio is pretty laid back. Let me know if you have questions. Feeding Kayla again. Lol

Quoting mjp2707:

Thanks. Nikki. You have been a huge help in all of this. I can never say thank you enough

Quoting Boobah:

You dont have to do till end of year ashley. Might not have to at all for k but ill have to check. Feeding kayla, ill be back. :)

Quoting mjp2707:

Ugh not sure what your talking about... What am I supposed to do Nikki. We have actually already started our lessons a few weeks ago. It seemed silly to wait all summer to start.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You got it, Nikki! Every grade, including Kinder, has to send one in WITH their Letter of Intent for the following grade.

Quoting Boobah:

Okay, first check out and bookmark this page, I even have a printed copy in my records. These are the HS laws in Ohio:
http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Ohio.pdf

To homeschool in Ohio, you have to send a letter of intent (detailed in link above, super easy) to your district superintendent. This you do need to do before the district school year begins.

At the end of the years you have to submit an assessment to the superintendent. You can do that in one of three ways, also detailed in link above. We chose to do the portfolio with narrative because I know Julia would freeze and probably flip out if I tried to put her in a room with people's he didn't know and take a test. Also, because I know a few teachers. Lol

It looks like you will still have to do this at the end of kinder because it doesnt specify grades.

Ohio is pretty laid back. Let me know if you have questions. Feeding Kayla again. Lol

Quoting mjp2707:

Thanks. Nikki. You have been a huge help in all of this. I can never say thank you enough

We think she's pretty great, too!! 8)

Quoting Boobah:

You dont have to do till end of year ashley. Might not have to at all for k but ill have to check. Feeding kayla, ill be back. :)

Quoting mjp2707:

Ugh not sure what your talking about... What am I supposed to do Nikki. We have actually already started our lessons a few weeks ago. It seemed silly to wait all summer to start.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

We, thankfully, have ours done, already. I had both the kids do portfolios, this year. We're lucky to have our gym teacher be able to do them. Cole can be difficult when he so chooses. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN