Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Highschool?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my SO has decided to get his GED, and asked me to help him prep. Does anyone have any links to free resources for highschool? We're looking to cover all topics, but particularly math, science, geography and history. We are Canadian (Specifically Ontario) but that shouldn't matter except for geo and hist. Any tips on how to make this a less-grueling process? Thanks guys :)

The first rock thrown again,
Welcome to Hell, Little Saint

Mother Gaia in slaughter,
Welcome to Paradise, Soldier

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out www.khanacademy.org it has science & math
kit_manson
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Wow, thank you. It's certainly going to keep us busy, what with theaching our son, helping him study, and learning my own courses, haha. I'm really glad he decided to, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi Kit.  Welcome.  Kudos to your s/o for his decision to get his ged.  : )

Here's some links you might find useful. 

romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You are quite welcome.  You should be proud.  To decide to finish one's own education is always to be commended.   So, what part of Ontario are you from? I used to live in Kitchener some years back. 

Quoting kit_manson:

Wow, thank you. It's certainly going to keep us busy, what with theaching our son, helping him study, and learning my own courses, haha. I'm really glad he decided to, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

kit_manson
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

We're in St. Catharines, but thinking of moving to TO as soon as we can... there's nothing in our region for jobs. Honestly almost everyone here is either retired or on drugs. There's plenty of nice people, but no opportunity. I'm not finished my schooling, but I'm working on it by homeschooling myself. I had to leave due to medical issues.

Quoting kirbymom:

You are quite welcome.  You should be proud.  To decide to finish one's own education is always to be commended.   So, what part of Ontario are you from? I used to live in Kitchener some years back. 

Quoting kit_manson:

Wow, thank you. It's certainly going to keep us busy, what with teaching our son, helping him study, and learning my own courses, haha. I'm really glad he decided to, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Do you have any ideas when you might move? Would it be a big deal for you two?

Quoting kit_manson:

We're in St. Catharines, but thinking of moving to TO as soon as we can... there's nothing in our region for jobs. Honestly almost everyone here is either retired or on drugs. There's plenty of nice people, but no opportunity. I'm not finished my schooling, but I'm working on it by homeschooling myself. I had to leave due to medical issues.

kit_manson
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

We have family there (family that aren't as unstable and frustrating as my mother) and it just seems like it would provide way more opportunities for us. I'm hoping once he gets his GED and some work experience he'll be able to get a job there. It will be hard though, since I can't work.

Quoting kirbymom:

Do you have any ideas when you might move? Would it be a big deal for you two?

Quoting kit_manson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)