Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are you trying to improve this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

school

life

food

anything?

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (21-27):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Isn't everyone?  Tell me how you do it!  (downsize to a smaller bag)  I've been using a hiker's day backpack and boy could my back use the break!!  LOL

Quoting Shari55:

I am going to check this out...I love my planner, but it is too big to stick into a small to medium size bag(trying to downsize to a smaller bag).

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I have one of the Sandra Boynton planners!  It has space for lists right in the back, so now i can kep my lists a little more organized! 

Quoting Shari55:

I have a dayplanner that I keep everything written down in, this helps me..there are different kinds. My daughter Nyssa found me this one that I keep at my desk, I have lesson plans and daily schedule on it. It is by At-A-Glance Planning Notebook w/ reference calendars, there are two notebooks...one for January through June and the second is July through December. We found it at Office Max but I am sure you can get it at other office supply stores. 

Quoting supermom2xlb:

I have this need to have everything written down. I feel like it can't be done if it's not written on paper, usually in a list. We can't keep paper around here because I use so much to make lists. The problem is, those lists are everywhere and very unorganized. I'm thinking maybe I should write a list of how I am going to organize my lists! LOL

Quoting mem82:

I'm semi organized and I have a feeling this as good as it gets for me. LOL

Quoting supermom2xlb:

I'm really hoping to improve my organization skills and our budget :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I forgot to actually answer the question...oops!

I'm trying to organize my canning so that I can do half this year and half next.  I canned about 700 jars last year, but it would have been easier if they had been bigger batches of fewer foods, so I'm trying to do all my spaghetti sauce this year for the next 2 years then next year I can do enough pizza sauce for 2 years and alternate, KWIM?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

That is a lot of canning! Wow!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I forgot to actually answer the question...oops!

I'm trying to organize my canning so that I can do half this year and half next.  I canned about 700 jars last year, but it would have been easier if they had been bigger batches of fewer foods, so I'm trying to do all my spaghetti sauce this year for the next 2 years then next year I can do enough pizza sauce for 2 years and alternate, KWIM?

Shari55
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

confused LOL I fail badly, I was just talking to my daughter Nyssa yesterday about switching to a bag that I bought myself last year for Christmas(my dad sends me money at Christmas) which is from L.L. Bean and it is a messager bag(big) because I still carry so much stuff. 

Now mind you I don't have small children where I have to carry all of their stuff, but I have my planner, Kindle, laptop (sometimes), and gosh knows whatelse. Then I wonder why my back and shoulder are killing me...lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Isn't everyone?  Tell me how you do it!  (downsize to a smaller bag)  I've been using a hiker's day backpack and boy could my back use the break!!  LOL

Quoting Shari55:

I am going to check this out...I love my planner, but it is too big to stick into a small to medium size bag(trying to downsize to a smaller bag).

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I have one of the Sandra Boynton planners!  It has space for lists right in the back, so now i can kep my lists a little more organized! 

Quoting Shari55:

I have a dayplanner that I keep everything written down in, this helps me..there are different kinds. My daughter Nyssa found me this one that I keep at my desk, I have lesson plans and daily schedule on it. It is by At-A-Glance Planning Notebook w/ reference calendars, there are two notebooks...one for January through June and the second is July through December. We found it at Office Max but I am sure you can get it at other office supply stores. 

Quoting supermom2xlb:

I have this need to have everything written down. I feel like it can't be done if it's not written on paper, usually in a list. We can't keep paper around here because I use so much to make lists. The problem is, those lists are everywhere and very unorganized. I'm thinking maybe I should write a list of how I am going to organize my lists! LOL

Quoting mem82:

Quoting supermom2xlb:

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I use a messenger bag. LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Shari55:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Shari55:

Quoting supermom2xlb:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting supermom2xlb:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Want to organize the house more, declutter, organize and plan school better, be more routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I need to get a good cleaning schedule down.

Quoting Boobah:

Want to organize the house more, declutter, organize and plan school better, be more routine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)