Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So close to a plan, then... history happened

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 6th grade largely mapped out for my 10 year old daughter and pre-k for my 3 year old son, except history (for my rising 6th grader).

We do NOT want lit based and we didn't care for Story of the World. We need world history but I'm stuck between two of them - All Ye Lands (Catholic Textbook Project) *or* Oak Meadow History 6.

I was sooooo close to being done! Bah humbug.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (11-15):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I'm no help! bump!

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

thank goodness i have a few years left before i have to worry about that one. good luck.

mamaof2n1angel
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I am gongi with CLASS this  year with my  youngest finally home from being in the hospital and rhan for  5 months I have litle time for   putting together  my  own lessons this  year... 

My  youngest we found out  has  a mitochondrial disease called Alpers Huttenlocher Syndrome  and  that  my  daguhter that  was 31 months passed of  this  same  disease, three years ago. 

doriselm
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I like Catholic Heritage History. Sonlight has a good one also. It's not that easy because you have to like it in order to teach it well and the children have to like it in order to learn. History is my favorite subject, not my daughter's, but I am working on it. :)

Shari55
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

I've heard good things about oak meadow.

We really like Oak Meadow, but it isn't in our budget :(

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN