Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dark intentions of public schooling -- slideshow/quotes

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

it's long, but i think it's pretty interesting. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFlvkwXCQco&feature=related

I hate weekends, holidays, and summer!
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I know a lot of people don't believe this but I do!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:28 PM
It sure was...er...interesting..lol...while HS is th right choice for my family, I don't see public school as inherently evil, nor do I believe the institution is going to cause the ruination of Western civilization. Nor do i see it as a communist entity. I don't think they have things figured out, I believe the curriculum needs a major overhaul, but I think the idea of school is a good one. Just not right for me,
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

bump for later.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Mm, I do agree with some of it. I do believe that a nation will 'nationalize' it's people and the easiest place to do that is at school. I don't think that is all together bad, though. You need a certain...glue to hold a nation together, and since we've moved into a new, more secular way of governing, patriotism (and a bit of government ideology) will be the new glue. It's what is needed to make all classes of people link arms and be willing to protect the country as a whole.

But, there is a whole, huge patch of gray in here, and I don't have time or inclination to really dig into it. LOL

psychessun
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Quoting mem82:

But, there is a whole, huge patch of gray in here, and I don't have time or inclination to really dig into it. LOL

haha!  yes. 

i just find the historical perspective on this so interesting,  and i agree in theory though i think in general as kickbutt said, the concept of the education system isn't inherently evil.  I also don't think it's totally communist.   need to take that into historical perspective as well.

I hate weekends, holidays, and summer!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN