Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Evaluators? (Update in red)

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, so I've been chewing on this awhile.  My neighbor had her portfolio failed (or rejected, I'm not sure what the difference is).  Having her portfolio failed means that she couldn't file her affidavit for this year's school year.  Her son is only 6, so she decided she would just give him a year off and make an affidavit for next year (Due July 1st each year).  BUT since he was registered this year, he MUST attend a school this year.  Since he has no affidavit on record for this year he must either get into a cyber-school or enroll in the B&M.

So anyone in PA that has advice or knows the laws better than we do?  OR anyone have another idea?

I just don't know what to tell her.  She's really upset!

Updated August 1st!

HSDLA wrote a letter to the evaluator and the superintendent.  They are not allowed to ask for some of the things they were.  She's able to homeschool this year!!  YAY!  Thank goodness she had written her affidavit anyway or she would have missed the deadline!  Her son was having a bit of a panic attack about going to the B&M.  He's heard Xavier talking about lunch and did NOT want to go!

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Replies (11-13):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Bump!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That is so awesome! Love hslda. I hope everything continnues to work out. With hslda on her side they'll probaly stay low key. I cant stand typing on my tablet, my ds is hogging the laptop.
oredeb
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

wow!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)