Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm scared!!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

As some of you know, we had a really rough year last year. It started on day one, and never got any better. Now that I'm only about a month and a half away from starting a new year, I am already starting to have anxiety attacks!! I am so afraid that this year will be just as bad, or worse,as last year. I don't even WANT to start school!!! I don't want to buy school supplies or get things organized. I am just so anxious!! Please help!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I'm sorry it was so stressful. It has been my experience that the first year or so is always stressful as you (and your students) find your footing. The next year is never as bad. I'd start small now, doing short projects each day (like 30 minutes) so you can ease into the school year.
Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm sorry it was so stressful. It has been my experience that the first year or so is always stressful as you (and your students) find your footing. The next year is never as bad. I'd start small now, doing short projects each day (like 30 minutes) so you can ease into the school year.

This wasn't our first year. It was our fourth.

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM
How.old is your child? Try to make it fun, hands on experienced. Wake up everyday saying to yourself " today going to be a successful day" . What you say is usually what you get. Think positive. Believe in yourself, tell yourself " I am a great teacher.and a mother" . You can do it! I believe in you. And try to do less work in the beginning, you are Homeschooling, it don't have to be like PS, go with how you feel. Psb.org/teacher have a lot of fun learning resources to teach your child(from pre k thru high school) . I love their science and arts (we doing fossil the first week from psb.org/teacher, it going be messy and fun :) )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leshaw2001
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I understand the constant questioning, Am I doing the right thing? Am I, Am I, Am I? I just read a recent article that stated, it's perfectly normal to do so, if fact it's a sure sign you are a good mom! Do you mind me asking you what the age of your child/children are that you are homeschooling? There are so many ways to do it that can fit your lifestyle, your child/children and give you peace. Just remember when you question things, it just shows how much you care.

Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM
My kids are 10 and 12.What threw us off last year was I got sick with a stomach virus on the first day, then a few days later, my oldest son got it, then a few days later my youngest son got sick. I've had chronic migraines for 26 years, and last summer my oldest son started getting them. We averaged about 2 days a week where formal schoolwork didn't get done. We had some deaths and illnesses among friends and family members. All in all, it was just a nightmare.
JaQuan_Jayla
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
OK that a different story, it not your fault y'all getting sick. Drink orange juice, I don't get sick when I drink orange. I hate the stomach virus( idk if we talking about the same virus) , it last for 3days but it feel like forever and nothing you can do about it

Quoting Bethsunshine:

My kids are 10 and 12.What threw us off last year was I got sick with a stomach virus on the first day, then a few days later, my oldest son got it, then a few days later my youngest son got sick. I've had chronic migraines for 26 years, and last summer my oldest son started getting them. We averaged about 2 days a week where formal schoolwork didn't get done. We had some deaths and illnesses among friends and family members. All in all, it was just a nightmare.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Quoting JaQuan_Jayla:

Orange juice doesn't help migraines and we all get plenty of vitamin c.

ablessedlife
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Every year is different, Beth.  Ask any classroom teacher, they will say every year is different.  One year can be pure terror, then you can have an easy year.  I'll pray for you, Beth.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I'm sorry. Have you got the migraines sorted out? My BFF gets them so I know you can't actually make them go away for forever.

oredeb
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:32 PM

well do you want to homeschool? is this something your gona do no matter what?

how do you go about schooling your kids each day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN