Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

As some of you know, we had a really rough year last year. It started on day one, and never got any better. Now that I'm only about a month and a half away from starting a new year, I am already starting to have anxiety attacks!! I am so afraid that this year will be just as bad, or worse,as last year. I don't even WANT to start school!!! I don't want to buy school supplies or get things organized. I am just so anxious!! Please help!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (11-12):
Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Quoting oredeb:

well do you want to homeschool? is this something your gona do no matter what?

how do you go about schooling your kids each day?

I am determined to see this through, I'm just really anxious about it this year because of how stressful last year was. I'm on my phone right now, and hate typing out long replies on my phone, so I will give you a rundown of our school day tomorrow when I'm on my laptop.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM

First things first....((((HUGS))))   Second. Let me tell you that I have been there, done that.  The same thing happened to me the last few years. Don't let it get you down or frazzled. It will take care of itself. I promise.  You just keep doing school and anything else that you do for school. I know it seems like the kids aren't learning but I assure you, they are.  I thought the same thing with my own kids.  What you need to do is have a lot of conversations interspersed with worksheets and reports on various subjects. While having these conversations, use that to have recall sessions of your past schoolwork and what your family was up to. for instance, you could talk about something that happened in consumer economics and then discuss what your family was up to at that time. You will be surprised at what your kids will recall. Hence why I call it a recall session.  Just apply these things to your schooling. You can talk and do math this way, you can do english this way. Working like this for awhile will ease everyone into a school like mind set and keep everyone from feeling any type of pressure. And you can do this kind of schooling even when you all are not feeling up to standard.  Just go lightly until you feel you and or your kids are ready to teach/learn something heavier.   If there is something I can do to help, please, just let me know.  : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN