Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much time do you spend homeschooling??

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you have an amount of time set out for each subject? 

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaQuan_Jayla
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:18 AM
No more than 30 minutes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Maybe 2 1/2 -3 hours Monday through Friday and about an hour on Saturday.  That's just an estimate, I really don't keep track of minutes anymore.  It just depends on the day and what's on the lesson plan. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I really don't keep track.  I just go with the flow.  Sometimes we might just spend the whole day on one jubject.  I would say on average about 3-4 hours split up through out the day.  We do two days during the summer and probably about 3-4 days during the regular school session.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM
It's hard to judge as we try to make all day a learning environment. But if we are doing a day of book earning and such, then it takes less than 2-3 hours.
coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I would say less than 4 hours, but that was kindergarten and K4.  1st grade may take us upwards of 6 hours a day.  We will see when September gets here.  It may be broken up throughout the day.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM

This. we've been known to find a subject that interests us and we'll keep going all day. The Internet can provide so much material, if you know where to find it. Plus, I have a book buying habits so our personal library usually produces some material, too.

Quoting KickButtMama:

It's hard to judge as we try to make all day a learning environment. But if we are doing a day of book earning and such, then it takes less than 2-3 hours.

oredeb
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM

for math and english about 45 min for each subject

for our unit study 2 hours or so each day

we start at 9 each day and stop at 1 or so

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Autumn uses a loop schedule (do the next thing, so to speak), so how long her day takes depends on her. We never do work past 1 pm. What she hasn't finished by then, we pick up on the loop the next day.

Nico (3) will probably work on preschool curricula for an hour, split into 15 minute increments.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Nope, never have.  We may get done quickly, may take time.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1st grade about 2 hours or less, second will be 2-3 hours a day I think. Maybe less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)