Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What did you do this weekend?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
Anything fun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

came back from seeing my parents,

a bit a fishing,

a bit of working in the garden

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It was not as hot, so we spent time outside.
Dh and I went shopping for dd1's birthday. She wants a garden like the little girl in the secret garden. More expensive that we thought it would be in just landscape timbers. Lol
Went to dinner with dh alone for my birthday! Mom watched the girls. Best 2 hours I've had in awhile. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Hi! Did you have a nice time?

Quoting oredeb:

came back from seeing my parents,

a bit a fishing,

a bit of working in the garden

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My oldest swam in his long course championship swim meet this weekend. It was Fri - Sun and he made finals on Fri and Sat! Our days were long and my rear-end is sore from all that sitting, LOL! I love watching him swim, so it was worth it : )

Since the meet was an hour away, we stayed in a hotel Sat night and brought our 2 dogs with us. It was quite a family event. They really do much better when they are where we are rather than left alone at home. Our weener dog went CRAZY the last time we left them in their crates for a couple hours while we were out. She scooted the bottom tray of the crate out and tore up the carpet in our bedroom!! She ate all the way down to the cement!! She is mental. So, we cannot leave her alone anymore : (

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM
how awesome! Congrats to him!

My dog is insane also. If we don't crate him every time we leave the house he will tear up everything. I was always against crates until him. He hated the first crate and would push so hard he'd bend the bars trying to get out. So we stopped and he was fine. Then he started chewing shoes, tearing up our recycling, anything he could. We got a new crate, and he loves it. Even sleeps in there throughout the day with it open. I think he could smell the tons of dogs on the other crate. (it was my friends who fosters a lot of dogs)

Quoting swim-mom72:

My oldest swam in his long course championship swim meet this weekend. It was Fri - Sun and he made finals on Fri and Sat! Our days were long and my rear-end is sore from all that sitting, LOL! I love watching him swim, so it was worth it : )

Since the meet was an hour away, we stayed in a hotel Sat night and brought our 2 dogs with us. It was quite a family event. They really do much better when they are where we are rather than left alone at home. Our weener dog went CRAZY the last time we left them in their crates for a couple hours while we were out. She scooted the bottom tray of the crate out and tore up the carpet in our bedroom!! She ate all the way down to the cement!! She is mental. So, we cannot leave her alone anymore : (

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quoting Boobah:

how awesome! Congrats to him!

My dog is insane also. If we don't crate him every time we leave the house he will tear up everything. I was always against crates until him. He hated the first crate and would push so hard he'd bend the bars trying to get out. So we stopped and he was fine. Then he started chewing shoes, tearing up our recycling, anything he could. We got a new crate, and he loves it. Even sleeps in there throughout the day with it open. I think he could smell the tons of dogs on the other crate. (it was my friends who fosters a lot of dogs)

Quoting swim-mom72:

Yep, that is why we have to crate our dogs, they would destroy the house if we left them out. Well, our mistake this last time was in putting them in seperate crates. THAT is why my weener dog went nuts, because her "sister" was not in the crate with her : (  Well, the other dog is getting along in years and gets fed up with the weener dog always laying on her, so we started to seperate them for that reason. Well, NOT ANYMORE! LOL!

Saraho5
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Nothing fun really. Just tryin' to enjoy life with three crazy kiddos lol.

Painted bathroom.

Moved chicken coop. (probably should start a new post). Does anyone know how to get chickens to start laying eggs?! We've had them since Easter, so I think they are old enough.

Cleaned and went grocery shopping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM

We just came back from a three day wilderness camping trip and then this upcoming weekend we're celebrating my two older girls' birthday by taking them to the state fair.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Hmm..nothing to rate too high on the 'fun' scale.
Baked zucchini bread, cleaned house, shampooed carpets (that is actually fun for me), worked on and planned curriculum, got way to excited ordering the last of our books for the year! Haha
Took the kids for a cold treat at McDonalds, stayed up late to catch fireflies. Snuggled my toddler who is growing up way too fast..Prayed to God to slow down these days that are slipping away oh so fast. :)
Sat down to school today and realized just how fast my kids really are growing up.. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN