Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So my second grader is halfway through the book Peter and the Starcatchers.  I was concerned at first that it would be way too hard for him (it's at a 6th grade reading level), but that was the book he wanted.  He's flying through the book and he understands it (he's been telling me all about it after his silent reading time.)  When we had a week at camp I took a couple of those Magic Treehouse books for him and he read all 3 by Thursday (and he was only reading for the half hour his brothers were in the pool for lessons).  So can I get a list of books that he'll enjoy that aren't way over his head maturity wise (like twilight or the hunger games) but isn't beneath his reading level to the point of boredom or not stretching him any?  He's almost through all the Roald Dahl books I have.  We are planning a trip to the book store in September, so I'd like a nice big list by the time we go!

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Replies (31-31):
njyecats
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like my now 3rd grader. He just finished the Percy Jackson books and is currently reading Earagon. He's really enjoying them. He has the first book of the next series for Rick Riordan to read next.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)