Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Question for Singapore Math users?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

This will be our first year using Singapore Math - I'm using it with a kindergartener, first grader, an fourth grader. 

I'm just curious how most people go about doing the assignments - like 1 exercise per day, or a certain # of pages, or...? It's not totally clear to me how to divy it up into 180 days.

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Danielle163
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

This will be our second year of using Singapore math and DD will be starting 4th grade in August. We do one lesson a day. 

KamiLynn
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

How do you like it? I'm considering doing this as well. Any more info?

Danielle163
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KamiLynn:

I really like Singapore math. It is very challenging, forces my DD to use critical thinking skills and mental math. S. is mastery. At the end of every unit, there is a cumulative test A & B. There are the Home Instructor Guides (if you want them for more explanations & enrichment activities) and the Textbooks. The HIGs have the answers for the workbooks throughout them (I'm assuming B/F third grade is this way). There are the workbooks, TESTS, Extra Practice, and Challenging Word Problems. We have used the Standards Edition.

They have a placement test over on the Singapore Math site. Definitely very helpful. I buy SM over on Rainbow Resource Center, as it is a little cheaper there.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Here is a link to some reviews on Singapore Math that might help:  Singapore Math Reviews

Quoting KamiLynn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)