Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Morning routine?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
Do you do a circle type thing in the morning?
If so, what do you use/do?

I was *thinking about doing maybe a calendar (months of year, days of week songs), talk about weather, sing a song or two, etc. Nothing super long but a place we can all gather and get things going.

Kinda rambling...hope I made sense!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:50 PM
We will be doing something like this. We will be having prayer, the pledge, possibly do a song, and go over the calendar and weather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saraho5
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM
^ pledge, great idea :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saraho5
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:12 PM
& prayer too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

we do a morning thing, we pray, read the bible, talk about how it relates to us, do some singing

Saraho5
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM
^ love it deb!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
We start out with prayer, memory verse/hymn singing(alternated days), bible lesson(short one), manners lesson (365 days of manners woot woot!) Then we flow into the rest of the 'together' subjects, science, history etc. Then we break into individual subjects...after everything is all done we come back together and we have read aloud time.
We did calender last year..and will do it again this year. The one from last year didn't last into this year..so we aren't currently doing calender. I did find one at Walmart I liked though. Still need to pick it up.
Ooh! I totally forgot about pledges! *facepalm*
Saraho5
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Sounds like a great start to the day!!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

We start out with prayer, memory verse/hymn singing(alternated days), bible lesson(short one), manners lesson (365 days of manners woot woot!) Then we flow into the rest of the 'together' subjects, science, history etc. Then we break into individual subjects...after everything is all done we come back together and we have read aloud time.

We did calender last year..and will do it again this year. The one from last year didn't last into this year..so we aren't currently doing calender. I did find one at Walmart I liked though. Still need to pick it up.

Ooh! I totally forgot about pledges! *facepalm*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Everyone wakes and gets breakfast on their own.

At 9am, we open with a bible devotion and prayer. We put the day on the calendar and a picture of the weather. They look up the high and low for the day and write it on the school wall. After that, we do our grammar, spelling and science together then break for their other subjects on their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Here is what I have been thinking on.

Everyone dressed and ready to go, breakfast and clean up. THEN all go down and we watch a short video like veggie tales? I am seeing a need for more character, behavior some type of lesson geared toward my 7 and almost 3yo. Then we read 1 story from Jesus storybook bible. Then do a quick dry erase calendar I found. DD-7 goes off to start her workboxes and the boys watch 20m of baby you can read. While I set up DS-9 workboxes and DS-2 busy bags. Then we really get started.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I am going to attempt a circle time, too. I need something to help my 7 year old grasp the months easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)