Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Must have items for kindergarten?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some must have teaching supplies for kindergarten?  Aside from crayons, markers, gluesticks etc

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Replies (11-18):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I would add freezer paper.  Yes I said freezer paper.  It's super cheap and you can roll out as big of piece as they need or want.  Works well with markers, paint, crayons, whatever!  It's great for murals or timelines too.  My dining room is tastefully decorated with freezer paper. 

Truebesos
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:01 PM

www.pinterest.com

LOL that's where I get all of my ideas from so its a necessity for me!

BambiF
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Genius!

Quoting irvinehiker:

I would add freezer paper.  Yes I said freezer paper.  It's super cheap and you can roll out as big of piece as they need or want.  Works well with markers, paint, crayons, whatever!  It's great for murals or timelines too.  My dining room is tastefully decorated with freezer paper. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

A library card!!

kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Paper
Crayons

Ummm... Cookies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Aww ~ Don't worry. You are going to be beautiful at this.  And there's nothing more fun than this age. You get to watch their whole body light up when they have learned something and that alone will energize you and give you even more ideas for future "lessons".   If you feel like you need some inspiration, just come in here and ask and we would love to help "inspire" you.  :)   Now just go, and have fun!  :)    

Quoting BambiF:

Looks like I'm basically set then :) I know it's 'just' kindergarten, but I want everything to go smoothly and I have this constant fear that Im going to forget something major...Its so nervewracking!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting irvinehiker:

YESS!!  I love butcher paper (what we call freezer paper).  We outlined their little bodies and glued in all the parts: stomach, and some bones, heart, lungs, even yarn for arteries and veins!  Just used it to make a big poster of the solar system. 

Maridel
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I would add dry erase boards and markers. And some kind of counters, even if its just a jar of beans to practice counting for math.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)