Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's finally here! Pic!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

The rest of our school books arrived today!
They were having a huge sale when I placed our order, so we got even more than we planned on. Definitely helped stretch the budget! Yay!
Also got some Bible dvd's and got each of the kids a movie to celebrate the start of school. They are so excited. Sat out on the porch and waited for the UPS man to arrive!
We are so pumped to start our new year of school! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Sorry it's sideways. Lol not sure how to change it on my phone. :)
There is:
Agologia Botany and the curriculum schedule/guide
Mystery of History Volume 1
Health Science Grade 1-3
The childs book of character building
Horizons Grade 1 math
Backyard birds guide (for a unit study)
The amazing Bible adventure dvd collection

An adventure in odyssey cd season
Plus the two movies for the kids

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixydustmommy
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM

That is great that your kids are so excited! Who are the books by? I'm always interested in differant history and science books!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

That is awesome that your kids are so excited.  :)  I love it when kids are so ready to learn. 

btw ~ for taking pictures on the phone, try using differnt angles of the phone when you take a picture.  I had the same difficulty when I started using my phone for taking pictures too.  On mine, you have to turn the phone sidways to have a picture be right side up.  lol 

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Yay!!  We used those Horizon's math books this past year and my son enjoyed them.  I bought the teachers manual to go with it and liked how the activites and everything were all set up so it made it easy. 

Please post and let us know how Mystery of History is!!  I'm debating on using that next year! 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

cool!

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Yay!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting rsrangel:

Yay!!  We used those Horizon's math books this past year and my son enjoyed them.  I bought the teachers manual to go with it and liked how the activites and everything were all set up so it made it easy. 

Please post and let us know how Mystery of History is!!  I'm debating on using that next year! 

Did you find the teachers guide that useful? I ended up not ordering one. Part of this year is review for him...Definetely planning to get the teacher guide next year.Part of me wonders if I should go back and order at least one of the teachers guides? I tend to be dence when it comes to explaining a new math concept.

I will definetely let you know how MOH goes for us. I just got done going through it a little while ago. Can't wait to dive into it. The timeline makes me a little nervous though. Gonna try to look up some pics of ones other people have done online. I tend to be a visual learner haha so I need a pic to get my mind going for our timeline.

oredeb
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

fun fun fun!!!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Awesome!!!   I love the smell of brand new books!!! (That sounds really weird LOL!!!)

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
What?! Smelling books? I have no idea what you are talking about ;o) (Jk)
I was smelling mine as they came out of the box! LOL *I also like the nestalgic smell of library books, but that is an entirely different subject all together. Lol*

Quoting irvinehiker:

Awesome!!!   I love the smell of brand new books!!! (That sounds really weird LOL!!!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)