Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Considering Taking the Plunge from E-school to Traditional Homeschooling

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm seriously considering moving away from e-school using the K12 curriculum to traditional homeschooling for my 9th-grader.  There is so much information out there, it's a blessing and a curse.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should piece together a curriculum based on reviews for various materials or buy an all-inclusive curriculum from one company.

I don't want to break the bank, so I'm researching used curriculum options.

High school parents, please help!

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oredeb
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM

oh yea good idea!!! let your 9th grader help research the curr and books!

that could be part of school also doing the research

apologia is good for science

saxon is good for math

you could ask your 9th grader what they want to learn about in history and find books at library on interent etc to study

rod and staff has some good right to the point english books,

abeka is also good for english or lang arts

also look at christian liberty and see what they recommend, they use the best books from the different publishers

Grade 9

Shop ninth grade curriculum and products.

WantedNameTaken
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Debbie, thanks so much for taking the time to post this!  I'm actually on Apologia's site right now.  I guess the Lord planted the seed for me to head to that site.  LOL!

In my original post, I forgot to mention that I'd prefer a Christian curriculum. I'm glad you that leaned in that direction in your response. :-)

oredeb
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

yes He knows our needs!!!

Quoting WantedNameTaken:

Debbie, thanks so much for taking the time to post this!  I'm actually on Apologia's site right now.  I guess the Lord planted the seed for me to head to that site.  LOL!

In my original post, I forgot to mention that I'd prefer a Christian curriculum. I'm glad you that leaned in that direction in your response. :-)

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are no where near highschool. Lol but wanted to say, we are doing apologia science this year and from what I am seeing so far it is amazing! If the older grade books are anything like the younger ones I am hooked for k-12th grade!

Also..cbd.com is having a huge sale on homeschool curriculums right now. If you find something you like else where, look there before you buy..it may be cheaper.
Hope you find the curric you are looking for! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WantedNameTaken
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I've read great reviews about Apologia science; I'm pretty sure that's what I'll use.

Thanks so much for the link.  I'll take a look at it now. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)