Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spent a wet, rainy morning....

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 2 Replies

making and printing posters to hang on the walls of the classroom. 

Now I've got 3 little boys that are trying to "find us" on posters of the solar system, map of the world, map of the United States, and map of Pennsylvania.  Practicing the letters in sign language and reading off the Days of the week and the months of the year in Spanish.  Holding up coins to the money poster.  Picking out the letters in their names on the alphabet chart.  Using the hundreds chart to skip count by 5's and 10's. 

WHERE ARE MY SUPPLIES??? They are dying to get started!!

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

hahahahahhaahh sounds fun!!!

go boys!!! 

have any pictures of your posters?? how did you make them?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Quoting oredeb:

hahahahahhaahh sounds fun!!!

go boys!!! 

have any pictures of your posters?? how did you make them?

TThe sign language one and the world map are placemats I picked up at a yard sale. 

We printed out the planets then glued them on a big piece of butcher paper.  We copied, pasted and printed off some stats for each planet: distance from earth, circumference, mass, number of moons, number of years per orbit then glued it under the planet.  The boys were determined, so we included Pluto.

We did a similar one for the money, printing off big pictures of each coin and writing up some info on it.... Like nickels are smooth on the edge, Presidents' picture, color, etc

The map of Pennsylvania we picked up at the local wild area.

I printed off a hundreds chart from apples4theteacher.com the fives are pink and the tens are purple.

We printed off a days of the week list and another in Spanish, then glued the Spanish next to the English.  Same with the months of the year, seasons, colors, and numbers to 10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)