Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

pictures of our space....

Posted by   + Show Post

These are pictures of the 4th bedroom we turned into the classroom. We bought our house 2 years ago and haven't been able to renovate, paint, remove border or wallpaper yet. So don't pay any attention to the border or the curtains. That will all be switched out eventually. And as our pee wee grows we will add a different table to make enough workspace for both the kids, another computer, etc. In fact, as soon as we replace our dinning table we will use the current one in the classroom.

This is what you see as soon as you walk in the door.

Our dry erase board, the tall drawers have art supplies, general craft supplies and daily school supplies. The shorter drawers are being used for the toddlers activities. Playdough, mega blocks, board books, lacing cards, etc. 
The magazine holders are for printables and file folder games. One per kid.  

This is the computer desk. It is directly across from the plastic storage drawes. That table will be replaced and the file boxes underneath will be replaced with a two drawer black file cabinet. I am waiting to be able to look through my daughter's materials for this year to see what other posters I can add for her above the desk.

Finally, the wall where the door is. A black dresser that holds two book shelves on top for books, pencil boxes etc, and inside the drawers are notebooks, notebook paper, printer paper, cardstock, construction paper, sketch books, etc, and math manipulatives, and a drawer on the bottom for science that has goggles, magnets, scale etc. I would love to be able to use the closet as well for school stuff but it has our vacuum, carpet scrubber and coats in it. There is literally no where else to put that stuff but in this closet. (small house) We eventually hope to replace our tv with one we can connect to the internet with and use it for school activities in the living room as well. If I could talk my husband into selling his pool table and racing stuff we could have an awesome space in our finished basement for the classroom with much more room. but I don't think that will ever happen. *sigh*

On the bottom of the closet door, underneath the maps, we will be adding a magnetic board for the kids. I am in the process of making/gathering letters, shapes, numbers, dress up dolls, fruits and veggies, magnetic people etc to use instead of using felt boards. And I took these pictures this morning so the kids are still in jammies. The toddler just discovered playdough last week. He is obsessed!!!

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (11-17):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM

They were in a post that asked for all our pics, but I couldnt find them.... so made my own post for them!  LOL

Quoting rglrtmmy:

LOL! I have been trying to find them too!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I posted pics, but I don't remember where..... hmmm.  Give me a few minutes!

rglrtmmy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM

When we redo this room, maybe next summer, we want to paint it a robin egg blue with white trim and black furniture. and the lace curtains will be replace with lace curtains that I am going to crochet with brightly colored threads. Unless we have another baby, and I convince my husband we need this room as the nursery and the basement for the classroom. Then ..............well we won't go there just yet. But that space would be something amazing!!!!!!!!!

oredeb
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

rglrt , your schoolroom looks so good!!! love the posters!

adorablemom640
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Wow!

rglrtmmy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I will probably add a few more posters. I'll wait and see what daughter will be doing with math and with writing this year. And maybe a few for the lovie that displays the basice like colors, numbers, shapes etc.

I think it looks pretty plain. I can't believe all the nice compliments I am getting. Thank you!

tammy

Aleshad01
by Alesha on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Looks great!
jendawn1
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Wow.
Its not plain at all !

Looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)