Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

For recess/PE .....pics

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

A few of the things we enjoy for recess, break, PE....

Barely visible in the background is a small but mighty, and very expensive playset. that sucker has two swings, monkey bars, slide, clubhouse, sand box with chalkboard, tic tac toe board in the club house with other accessories, and gymnastic rings. We also have bikes, scooters, skates, skateboard, sidewalk chalk, play tennis in the driveway, basketball hoop..... inside in the winter I have been known to use tape on the floor to make obstacle courses, or on dark stormy days play flashlight tag, bean bag basket toss, .....wii fit, wii sports, ..... I believe in investing in my kids and their health and happiness as well as their education. Some would call them spoiled. Whatever it's called, we sure have a heck of a good time around here!!!

tammy

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Our wii was awesome for indoor sports last winter!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Our wii died this year :( it provided many an entertaining night for us.
We do the same with our kids. We don't go on 'vacation'(we own our own business and its hard to get away) very often. So we bring the vacation to us. We have bikes, trampoline, b ball hoop, huge sand box, playset, swings. We had a pool for a few years. It needed replaced. Dd had tubes removed this year and couldn't swim most of the summer..so we will put in a new pool next year.
Oh and we do a lot of water baloons, sidewalk chalk, soccer, baseball etc. Etc.
It is so much fun having a 'park' in our backyard. Lol that is what some of our friends call it. The backyard 'park'
We love it. Plus we never get bored..and PE is def covered ;)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That is a great gymnasium for p.e. !   : ) 

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM

A pool would be really nice right now!

mrs.musquiz
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Our wii died this year :( it provided many an entertaining night for us.
We do the same with our kids. We don't go on 'vacation'(we own our own business and its hard to get away) very often. So we bring the vacation to us. We have bikes, trampoline, b ball hoop, huge sand box, playset, swings. We had a pool for a few years. It needed replaced. Dd had tubes removed this year and couldn't swim most of the summer..so we will put in a new pool next year.
Oh and we do a lot of water baloons, sidewalk chalk, soccer, baseball etc. Etc.
It is so much fun having a 'park' in our backyard. Lol that is what some of our friends call it. The backyard 'park'
We love it. Plus we never get bored..and PE is def covered ;)

what is your wii doing, or not doing? I took ours apart and fixed it myself. And no, I am not computer or tech savey. All i had to buy was the special screw driver. I bout it off of amazon for under $4. And now our Wii works as good as new :)

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Quoting mrs.musquiz:

Well..we bought it used off of craigslist for a cheap price about 3 years ago.
Everytime I put a disc in it said it couldn't read it..and I know ALL the discs weren't scratched. Dh looked at it a little and we decided to just pitch it. Planning to get another one or something different.
I kind of miss it on rainy days..but we honestly didn't play it that much.
ablessedlife
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM
That looks awesome! I'm jealous now.
rglrtmmy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

We'll share. Come on over!!!!!

tammy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)