Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pictures of our room...

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

Can't figure out how to rotate this one, but this is their desks for arts and crafts or offline stuff.

This is our library cart.  The top is in three sections the far left is full of audio books for Quentin (3), middle is picture books and easy reading for Levi (5) and the right is science history and social studies books for Xavier (7).

This is the table for really messy stuff or for puzzles.  The desk is for Levi's computer when it comes.

The buckets that have playdough and giant chenille sticks.  The bathroom door (don't mind the laundry mess!  YIKES!) The shelves all their materials go on.  The art supplies and music supplies go in the bottom doors.

Those are the crates that makes taking school outside so much easier!  And Zave's computer. There's also a nice kids' sized book shelf there in th corner with a pencil sharpener on top...

And finally...

The bean bag and sleeping bags we use for reading time!

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rglrtmmy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I knew I would remember it when I seen it!!!!

You have sooooo much going on in that room. I would love to have that much stuff someday in my class. Books, supplies etc.

The desks for the little ones.....how do you like them, how do they like them, who makes them and where did you buy them? Are they expensive? I need a more age appropriate space for my lovie til he gets bigger.

tammy

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

LOVE the bean bag! I want a couple of those : )

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting rglrtmmy:

I knew I would remember it when I seen it!!!!

You have sooooo much going on in that room. I would love to have that much stuff someday in my class. Books, supplies etc.

The desks for the little ones.....how do you like them, how do they like them, who makes them and where did you buy them? Are they expensive? I need a more age appropriate space for my lovie til he gets bigger.

tammy

My parents bought them the desks.  They are from American Plastic Toys inc.  The boys love them!!  I thought they were crazy and took up too much space at first, but they love to sit at their little desks and Xavier doesn't want to pass his down to little one. 

I was a teacher another life ago, so some of that stuff is from then other stuff was from yard sales!!  No one seems to want much for old white boards or corkboards.  You can get a lot of stuff pretty cheap that way!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Quoting swim-mom72:

LOVE the bean bag! I want a couple of those : )

The boys love the bean bag!  I have a really really big one in the basement, but it needs some patches before it can come into the classroom :(

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM

love your homeschool space!!!! bean bags are the best for reading time and to take a nap!!!!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Quoting oredeb:

love your homeschool space!!!! bean bags are the best for reading time and to take a nap!!!!

Many times DEAR (drop everything and read) has turned into nap time.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting oredeb:

I love this !!  I shall be incorporating this into my routine. And not just for school either.  :)   

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting oredeb:

I love this !!  I shall be incorporating this into my routine. And not just for school either.  :)   

Xavier says, "hope she means the reading and not the napping."  :)  Enjoy (either way!)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting oredeb:

Xavier says, "hope she means the reading and not the napping."  :)  Enjoy (either way!)

ROTFLOL ~~    I did BUT.... now that he mentions it...........

ahahahahahahahahahahaha  --  I'm sorry but I just can't help it. That is just too cute.  hahahahahaha  :)    You can tell him I said he's a cutie pie.  : ))

adorablemom640
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)