Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool vs. Public School advantages chart...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

Any thoughts on this chart?  I personally think my kids learn better time management at home than they ever learned in ps.  They do group projects with each other.  And they navigate large buildings when we go to museums.  So the advantages of ps, seem almost silly to me.

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I had TERRIBLE time management in PS, I had terrible social interaction in PS. My kids have great time management, and they have tons of close friends - there were 25 kids at my sons last birthday party. Only 3 of the kids were public schooled, and none were relatives. So I cant see social interaction as a negative for HS (my kids have never been to Ps). And, believe it or not, my kids have managed to figure out how to navigate large buildings without ever having set foot in a PS...lol... I think it is extremely sad that the educational system in America has sunk so low that none of the advantages listed are acedemic.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

I had TERRIBLE time management in PS, I had terrible social interaction in PS. My kids have great time management, and they have tons of close friends - there were 25 kids at my sons last birthday party. Only 3 of the kids were public schooled, and none were relatives. So I cant see social interaction as a negative for HS (my kids have never been to Ps). And, believe it or not, my kids have managed to figure out how to navigate large buildings without ever having set foot in a PS...lol... I think it is extremely sad that the educational system in America has sunk so low that none of the advantages listed are acedemic.

I hadn't even noticed that these weren't educational advantages!  I was so busy thinking how silly they were.  My kids excel at using the maps in museums, they have lots of friends, and they manage their time very well for their young ages.

It seemed to me to be a chart for why they don't like homeschooling since their only social advantages to homeschool were the "fun" aspects about personal freedom and time restrictions.

oredeb
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM

hahahaha miss the social advantages of school!! thats funny!

i think its up to the individual homeschool about the time managements, but i think there is much more advantages HOMESCHOOLing!!hahaha

where'd you find this chart?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha miss the social advantages of school!! thats funny!

i think its up to the individual homeschool about the time managements, but i think there is much more advantages HOMESCHOOLing!!hahaha

where'd you find this chart?

I looked up homeschoolling laws in Penna for one of the other posts (I had forgotten a couple things) and that was at the top of one of the info websites.  Like everything in PA it seems to push the ps motive a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)