Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was asked to homeschool someones child with my kids and they want me to give a price how much to charge. I am not sure what would you charge? I need some ideas.

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure thats allowed legally. I was going to leave my son with a homeschool family while I did my clinicals but I would have provided his work each day and taught new concepts at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM

What are the ages and how much would you personally have to spend per child?  That would affect my decision.  When I get my teaching degree I want to start a very small class size part day preschool and based on what I would need to do that I think 30 or40 dollars per week would be what I would charge.  But that is way less than most preschools in the area that charge.  I know as I am doing the research for my son right now who wants to go to preschool.

littleacorn
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I was going to point out the legal aspect as well. I'd look at how much tutors for that age charge in your area and use that as a guide.

Quoting rsrangel:

Make sure thats allowed legally. I was going to leave my son with a homeschool family while I did my clinicals but I would have provided his work each day and taught new concepts at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heaven711
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM

She has one child Freshmen in high school. It is perfect because my child is a Freshmen too.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM
In CA, I was told as long as you file a private school affidaavit and the hild was listed in your school it fell under child care/day laws. You could homeschool one child/family's children without a child care liscense. If you had more than one family you had to become liscensed.

When I homeschooled my friend's DS with my kids, I charged the same as the private school he had been in. It was $400 a month. She was also supposed to provide his food but never did @@.it was one of the many reasons we stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

If she doesnt provide the paper or calculators and what ever else is needed along with some food.  I would say atleast 60 or 70 dollars a week.  If she does then I would say about 20-30 dollars a week.

Quoting heaven711:

She has one child Freshmen in high school. It is perfect because my child is a Freshmen too.

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM

My friend sent her son to someone that taught him..He charged 5 dollars a day..I'd also look to see if you can..You may get into trouble if your not certified to teach...

oredeb
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM

find out how much a tutor would charge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)