Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Intent To Homeschool Form..(Gulp)

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have to turn out intent to homeschool form in by August 1st, that's next week.
This is the first year I have had to fill this out.
Any tips?
I'm a little nervous! (Actually A LOT!)
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KLONG
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Where are you located? In Ga we do it online, and it takes 2 minutes at most
oredeb
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I am not in your state, so I have no tips but I hope all goes well!  (I am also counting my blessings that my state is so easy...they don't ask for much)

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM

We send a letter of intent every year.  Mine says, "I am sending this letter of intent to inform you we will be homeschooling our son, XXXXX, for the 2012-2013 school year.

I mail it to the the NYC Central Office of Homeschooling.  That's it.  No biggie.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Hey!  Let us know what was required and how it went!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Quoting bluerooffarm:

I will. :) I was looking it all over a little while ago. Doesn't look that hard, but it still makes me very nervous!
Thankfully in Ohio you don't have to keep track of attendance. Just the letter of intent with the list of curriculum, plus either the teast or portfolia at the end of the year.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I will. :) I was looking it all over a little while ago. Doesn't look that hard, but it still makes me very nervous!
Thankfully in Ohio you don't have to keep track of attendance. Just the letter of intent with the list of curriculum, plus either the teast or portfolia at the end of the year.

we have to have a portfolio at the end of the year.  That's what had me gulping.  And our portfolio has to have a reading log that keeps track of attendance.  Seriously, I threw up twice putting mine together.  LOL... I don't do pressure!

Jeremmy
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Mine is pretty simple. I write a list of what books we are using, write our info (address, name, ages) out and send it with my proof (copy) of diploma or ged. This is my first year too. In subsequent years, they will already have my diploma on record.

NoraDun
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

They sent me mine back and told me I had to have a HS deploma :( I was homeschooled and they wont except that! I am kinda freaking. But thanks for reminding me. I need to get mine back in the mail (I am just sending Hubby's diploma and praying they except it!)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM

How can they not accept your homeschool diploma?  Makes no since to me.  But maybe for next year you can get your GED.  Though I know you shouldnt have to.  That is just wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)