Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

hi ladies!!!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

little about me. My name is Chonie, I am 26 yres old,  I have 2 little ones not yest in school. I also have 2 jobs. I  work for Mary Kay and the other one is USBORNE BOOKS AND MORE

I just wantd to know what age yall starting teaching ur little ones? What home school progams yall use?

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hello!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

It starts at birth, and probably before.  You likely helped your children learn to walk, and talk, ext.  We don't often think about what we moms due daily as educating or children...we take it for granted.  But you have already home educating them.  Here are some ideas for pre K

oredeb
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

welcome chonie!!! busy working 2 jobs!!

all my kids started at different ages as far as learning to read/phonics

before we started doing any school work we did lots of arts and crafts together, painting, playing, learning songs, etc

oldest dd was 5, next dd was 5, next dd she taught herself listening to me teach the others, ds was 8

as for the programs i made my own up, used various library books, no internet at that time,

so how old are your little ones?

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM

We unschool so no formal learning goes on here I consider my children leaning from before birth. We all have a need to learn & explore so even if you don't try to learn something you are going to learn it is just how we work!

BabyDove
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM

My litle ones are still babys there 6 months and 18 months. im just trying to see if really home school is the best for them.

Quoting oredeb:

welcome chonie!!! busy working 2 jobs!!

all my kids started at different ages as far as learning to read/phonics

before we started doing any school work we did lots of arts and crafts together, painting, playing, learning songs, etc

oldest dd was 5, next dd was 5, next dd she taught herself listening to me teach the others, ds was 8

as for the programs i made my own up, used various library books, no internet at that time,

so how old are your little ones?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM

My opinion of homeschooling is that it is best for my kids right now.  If your children are ahead or behind, get easily distracted, distract other children, you want to travel, or if you just want to homeschool as long as you are willing to put in the work, then homeschooling is best for your kids.  It also depends on the school system in your area.  If you are in a bad school system it might be even more important to homeschool.

My kids are ahead in some areas and my oldest doesnt do well without  some one on one teaching time. So homeschool is our best option.  Plus I really enjoy helping my children learn.

BabyDove
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM

thank yall !!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Hi! Welcome to the group

I use an eclectic mix of things :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Anything you teach them is learning.  You can start teaching your oldest to count using some of their favorite toys that have pieces (like cars or dolls), you can also start teaching the ABC's.  My DD knew all her letters and what sounds they made by 19 mos.  She is super advanced in that department.  She learns fast.  Some learn slower.  It is never to early to start working with you child.  Good luck in making your decision.  This is the best decision for my family.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Hi Chonie! Welcome to the group. :)  And

The wonderful world of homeschooling Adventures!  :)   

You can start at any time and use just about anything you have around you. Or you can buy a program with a full curriculum. Whatever suits you best and your family.  I write my own curriculum myself. I also buy once in awhile those activity books from the local stores...walmart, dollar stores, ect.... we also use library books, buy used books, use books that have been given to us.  We even use our own imaginations to teach and learn by. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN