Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is Your Dream........ Fun only allowed. :)

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you dream of the perfect homeschool space, place?  If you could afford to build the perfect ideal space, place....What would it be? 

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Hmmm I would like a room big enough to put in a computer and work space for each kid. It would have a some bean bag chairs in a book nook. Sky lights and big windows. Also a thick plushy rug to lay on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be large, with lots of natural light flowing in the windows.  It would also look like IKEA exploded in there.  :)  Nice natural colors, lots of storage and organization, everythinng has a place, and I could see it from my equally organized sewing room.  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be the basement room that hubby is currently using for his workshop.  An old Ben Franklin stove.  A big plush rug with bean bags for each boy.  Shelves that the books actually fit on!  A place where the easel can stay up all the time.  A couch!  Wall space enough for a permanent white or black board!  And stuff that matched (ours was picked up at flea markets and yard sales and it shows!)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluerooffarm:

It would be the basement room that hubby is currently using for his workshop.  An old Ben Franklin stove.  A big plush rug with bean bags for each boy.  Shelves that the books actually fit on!  A place where the easel can stay up all the time.  A couch!  Wall space enough for a permanent white or black board!  And stuff that matched (ours was picked up at flea markets and yard sales and it shows!)

I so know what you are talking about!  All of ours is the same way too.  : )

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I dream of a nice log cabin in the middle of Montana or Idaho. I would love to have a big room with windows that have a view of the mountains. A big chalkboard, dry erase board. My own desk. Desk for the kids. Bean bags. A fireplace

Knightquester
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah' if money were no issue and we had to choose something homeschooling related to be our dream... Then it'd be to travel all over the world exploring. learning and seeing everything as a family.

lil_mama06
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes, I do...I would have a room with shelves of books and lots and lots of art supplies..A mini classroom if you will..And eager students each day..lol...Some days are harder than others..

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm,, I think I'd had a movie theater like room, lots of comfy chairs, snack dispensers, and of course, attached would be a library to rival our town library. Including movies! Each child would have their own laptop and iPad. Hmmmm, and I'd have files, lots and lots of files. Of course in this library area id also have tons of craft supplies! Lol
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Quoting Knightquester:

Ah' if money were no issue and we had to choose something homeschooling related to be our dream... Then it'd be to travel all over the world exploring. learning and seeing everything as a family.

I agree with this! I have always wanted a fancy RV then we could drive to almost all the states, canada, central America, etc. then I'd want to fly over to Europe and ride the Trans-Siberian railroad, maybe even rent another fancy RV and putter around the Eur-Asian continent!
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I want it to look like most preschool rooms sort of.  They would have a play area for my toddlers, a science center with a sink and microscopes and magnets and beakers.  A circle time area.  I would love to have a history center with a real globe (I am a geek, I have dreamed of this globe for years.)  I would also have a library area with cushy pillows for them to sit and lay on.  And lots and lots of books.  A computer center with the kid mouse and key board for each of my 4 kids.  A garden and a place for all of our small animals.  The colors would be bright and it would be set for the fun of learning.  Oh and all the kids would have a desk in a center area that they would keep thier work at and all my children would love it. 

I forgot lots and lots of windows to see out.  Oh and the history center would have to have costumes and recipes from that country. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN