Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is Your Dream........ Fun only allowed. :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you dream of the perfect homeschool space, place?  If you could afford to build the perfect ideal space, place....What would it be? 

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Replies (11-16):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I absolutely adore this idea! : )

Quoting KickButtMama:

Hmmm,, I think I'd had a movie theater like room, lots of comfy chairs, snack dispensers, and of course, attached would be a library to rival our town library. Including movies! Each child would have their own laptop and iPad. Hmmmm, and I'd have files, lots and lots of files. Of course in this library area id also have tons of craft supplies! Lol

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quoting debramommyof4:

I want it to look like most preschool rooms sort of.  They would have a play area for my toddlers, a science center with a sink and microscopes and magnets and beakers.  A circle time area.  I would love to have a history center with a real globe (I am a geek, I have dreamed of this globe for years.)  I would also have a library area with cushy pillows for them to sit and lay on.  And lots and lots of books.  A computer center with the kid mouse and key board for each of my 4 kids.  A garden and a place for all of our small animals.  The colors would be bright and it would be set for the fun of learning.  Oh and all the kids would have a desk in a center area that they would keep thier work at and all my children would love it. 

I forgot lots and lots of windows to see out.  Oh and the history center would have to have costumes and recipes from that country. 

I always wanted one of those globes that are black and gold.  They are just so beautiful.  Then I looked at the price of one and thought a little more.  I realized that the borders change so much (especially in Africa!!) that it just wasn't practical.  But if money were no object, I'd buy a new one every time there was a war!

You would have a yummy history area! 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I would love it.  History is my favorite subject so I would have a blast.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting debramommyof4:

I want it to look like most preschool rooms sort of.  They would have a play area for my toddlers, a science center with a sink and microscopes and magnets and beakers.  A circle time area.  I would love to have a history center with a real globe (I am a geek, I have dreamed of this globe for years.)  I would also have a library area with cushy pillows for them to sit and lay on.  And lots and lots of books.  A computer center with the kid mouse and key board for each of my 4 kids.  A garden and a place for all of our small animals.  The colors would be bright and it would be set for the fun of learning.  Oh and all the kids would have a desk in a center area that they would keep thier work at and all my children would love it. 

I forgot lots and lots of windows to see out.  Oh and the history center would have to have costumes and recipes from that country. 

I always wanted one of those globes that are black and gold.  They are just so beautiful.  Then I looked at the price of one and thought a little more.  I realized that the borders change so much (especially in Africa!!) that it just wasn't practical.  But if money were no object, I'd buy a new one every time there was a war!

You would have a yummy history area! 

melindabelcher
by Mel on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Id love a homeschool building!!!
It would have:
Quiet room to do paperwork/reading etc. Tablets of some kind for the kiddos. Color scheme would be calm cool colors
Mess room to do hands on experiments, games, crafts, debates, this would have a mini kitchen. With bold invigorating color scheme
Gymnasium for indoor activity like tumbling, basketball, wii, dance etc. padded half walls.
Full bathroom for clean ups after messy experiments
Yep, I think that sounds about right. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM

My dream classroom would be big with plenty of shelves for books, drawers for school supplies, a desk, a bulletin board, a play area for younger one, computer area, and reading area.  I would like to have an art corner too.

awilliams77
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:20 AM
This! Add a Coke Freestyle drink dispenser and we'd be set!
Or the RV idea...

Quoting KickButtMama:

Hmmm,, I think I'd had a movie theater like room, lots of comfy chairs, snack dispensers, and of course, attached would be a library to rival our town library. Including movies! Each child would have their own laptop and iPad. Hmmmm, and I'd have files, lots and lots of files. Of course in this library area id also have tons of craft supplies! Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN