Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where would you go for a school field trip tour?  Would you stay here in the U.S. or would you go tour other countries? Or maybe even just one country?  Where would you like to go? 

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM

That sounds so special! We've done this. Both when I was little and with my hubby and kids. Its so much fun!   My husband and I did for the same reason, we wanted to give our kids some awesome family memories!  And it worked too. You should hear the, go down memory lane. Its so wonderful that they feel this way about their childhood, growing up.  It does the heart good, I tell ya'.  : ) 

Quoting starbeck96:

Honestly I would want to stay in the U.S.  I would travel to as many states as possible.  I woul make New York City my first stop.  I've always wanted to go but never had the chance.  I'd definitely go to all the New England states.  Then I'd travel out west and visit relatives in California.  Then I'd go to Washington State.  Then I'd come back east (on my way home to AL) and visit as many famous places as I could.

I've been to California already (went when I was 15) and I really want to give my kids that opportunity.  We would also try to camp as much as possible.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I want to take my kids to Europe.  There are so many countries and so many things I want to show them.  I also want to take them to Japan as thier father and I both lived there for about 2 years.  I would also like to take them to India as that is part of thier heritage.  Not to mention all the places here in the States I want to take them. Oh and my 6 year old wants to visit the Amazon so I would love to be able to take her there. 

We might as well just go around the world.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Sounds like you and your family have a blast!  : )

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I want to go everywhere!!  But we do take a week and go somewhere in the US.  WE loved VA beach, and last year we went to Shenandoah N. P. and camped at Matthew's Arm.  In a year or 2 we want to go to Yellowstone.

Hubby's clearance makes stuff outside the US a pain.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM

You should introduce her to the computer game then. Its called..The Amazon Trail. We have one and its a blast.  My kids learned a few things from playing the game so much and I didn't even have to teach them in their school lessons. Now that  is what you call learning!  LOL

Quoting debramommyof4:

I want to take my kids to Europe.  There are so many countries and so many things I want to show them.  I also want to take them to Japan as thier father and I both lived there for about 2 years.  I would also like to take them to India as that is part of thier heritage.  Not to mention all the places here in the States I want to take them. Oh and my 6 year old wants to visit the Amazon so I would love to be able to take her there. 

I know what you mean. lol 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yes MA'AM!  My parents dragged me all over the US as a child and I learned the best stuff!  I want my kids to have that too.  It was something that was non-negotiable when we decided to have kids.  DHs family never goes on vacation.  Vacation means hunting which is cool and all, but history comes alive when you SEE where it happened.

But we have to do it cheaper than my parents did, so we have a tent and those big frame backpacks.  I think the stories about the tent blowing over and having to sleep in Filmore (our vw bus) are what the kids remember the most.

:)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I want to go everywhere!!  But we do take a week and go somewhere in the US.  WE loved VA beach, and last year we went to Shenandoah N. P. and camped at Matthew's Arm.  In a year or 2 we want to go to Yellowstone.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I will have to look that up.  She is always asking off the wall questions to.  Anything fun that answers her questions is welcomed.

Quoting kirbymom:

You should introduce her to the computer game then. Its called..The Amazon Trail. We have one and its a blast.  My kids learned a few things from playing the game so much and I didn't even have to teach them in their school lessons. Now that  is what you call learning!  LOL

Quoting debramommyof4:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE memories!  They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. lol  

That is sooooooo true!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yes MA'AM!  My parents dragged me all over the US as a child and I learned the best stuff!  I want my kids to have that too.  It was something that was non-negotiable when we decided to have kids.  DHs family never goes on vacation.  Vacation means hunting which is cool and all, but history comes alive when you SEE where it happened.

But we have to do it cheaper than my parents did, so we have a tent and those big frame backpacks.  I think the stories about the tent blowing over and having to sleep in Filmore (our vw bus) are what the kids remember the most.

:)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I have the game. I could make a copy and send it to you, if you'd like. I also have their second game called..." The Oregon Trail ".  Its also a fun game that my kids learned a few things without me having to teach them.  And the best part is, the kids don't realize that's whats happening!  They just are having fun.  lol  : )

Quoting debramommyof4:

I will have to look that up.  She is always asking off the wall questions to.  Anything fun that answers her questions is welcomed.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be cool I will PM you.  I loved The Oregon Trail, but had never heard of the Amazon Trail. 

Quoting kirbymom:

I have the game. I could make a copy and send it to you if you'd like. I also have their second game called..." The oregon Trail ".  Its also a fun game that my kids learned a few things with me having to teach them.  And the best part is, the kids don't realize that's whats happening!  They just are having fun.  lol  : )

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I'd say Europe as well.  I loved Venice, Tuscany, & Florence and I'd love to take the kids there.  I want to go to France and Holland and London and Switzerland too.  I've been to most of the US and there's really nowhere I want to take the kids - unless you count some tourist traps like Disneyworld (again) or Hollywood or the French Quarter (which I enjoyed in my early 20s). I live in NYC and feel like I have everything already - and there's still so many place here I want to take the kids.

Angela

dd(18) Freshman in college, dd(15) Sophomore at the (real) Fame school,                                               ds(11) 5th Grade homeschooler

Visit my Blog

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)