Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First off, I love boxed curriculum. It works for us right now, my son works well that way & so do i. It might change down the road, especially when my daughter truly enters the fray for homeschooling but for now we used boxed curriculum.

This year we are using Horizons for Kindergarten. I am already looking at 1st grade curriculum (we like to know how much money we will be spending so we can budget it). Of course for 1st grade he needs science, history so we can't just use HOrizons. I was looking at using Horizon & some bob jones but I've stumbled onto A Beka & am kind of interested in it. It would be a bit cheaper than using Horizons & Bob Jones

Does anyone use it? Do you like it? I've heard some say it has a lot of seatwork but we like seatwork here.  My son loves to sit down & work on worksheets (i use to have to print out extras). Any input would be appreciated.

I got a lot of time still to think about it but getting opinions. It's silly how excited I get when I find some new curriculum to look at lol

"Go Colts! It's going to be a blue Sunday"
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Replies (11-12):
srichtermom
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:50 PM

My dd used abeka in her private Christian school and I'm going to use it this fall for homeschooling her for 4th grade.  I personally love all of their resources, especially their phonics and reading programs for the earlier grades.  Both my dd and ds love worksheets, so we've never had a problem with it having a lot of seatwork.  You can also pick and choose how many of the worksheets you want to do and tailor it to fit your child's needs.  I say "go for it"; it's a great curriculum!!

melindabelcher
by Mel on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I was HS/PS on abeka from kindergarten through 9th grade. I liked it.
We are planning on doing it with DS this year (k5) he used it last year (k4) in PS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN