Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

letter of intent for kindergarten

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi mommas! For those who had to write letters of intent for your child to.homeschool I was wondering what you put in yours i am completely stuck. I believe I am going to use k12 but want to have the letter ready in case I need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluerooffarm
by Group Admin on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Are you sure you need one for kindergarten?  Here in PA Kindergarten is optional and we don't need to begin until 1st grade. 

mem82
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM

In Ohio the letter of Intent (not including curriculum outline or book list) is

(1) School year for which notification is made; 
     (2) Name of parent, address, and telephone number (telephone number optional); 
     (3) Name, address, and telephone number (telephone number optional) of person(s) who will be teaching the child the subjects set forth in paragraph (A)(5) of this rule, if other than the parent; 
     (4) Full name and birthdate of child to be educated at home;

and the assurance of 900 hours of teachable time.

JulieBrown
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I agree, you probably don't need it because most states don't require kids to declare they are homeschooling until they are a little older.  Also, K12 is public school, so if you are enrolled in K12, then they aren't "technically" homeschooling. 

NoraDun
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I just gave his birthday and that I was homeschooling him for kindergarten and that I was using abeka and other curriculum. I thought they would actually make a issue with it since technically he wont be 4 until Sept but it wasn't an issue. So He will be 4 but actually K. Now I dont know what that is gonna mean for him once I send him back to school (Which hopefully wont happen until highschool) but I am not sure if they will put him in the grade by his age or by the grade he is in academically. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN