Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

letter of intent for kindergarten

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi mommas! For those who had to write letters of intent for your child to.homeschool I was wondering what you put in yours i am completely stuck. I believe I am going to use k12 but want to have the letter ready in case I need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Are you sure you need one for kindergarten?  Here in PA Kindergarten is optional and we don't need to begin until 1st grade. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM

In Ohio the letter of Intent (not including curriculum outline or book list) is

(1) School year for which notification is made; 
     (2) Name of parent, address, and telephone number (telephone number optional); 
     (3) Name, address, and telephone number (telephone number optional) of person(s) who will be teaching the child the subjects set forth in paragraph (A)(5) of this rule, if other than the parent; 
     (4) Full name and birthdate of child to be educated at home;

and the assurance of 900 hours of teachable time.

JulieBrown
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I agree, you probably don't need it because most states don't require kids to declare they are homeschooling until they are a little older.  Also, K12 is public school, so if you are enrolled in K12, then they aren't "technically" homeschooling. 

NoraDun
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I just gave his birthday and that I was homeschooling him for kindergarten and that I was using abeka and other curriculum. I thought they would actually make a issue with it since technically he wont be 4 until Sept but it wasn't an issue. So He will be 4 but actually K. Now I dont know what that is gonna mean for him once I send him back to school (Which hopefully wont happen until highschool) but I am not sure if they will put him in the grade by his age or by the grade he is in academically. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)