Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New mom :)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi my name is Kady and I just had my beautiful baby girl on the 7th of June. She is almost two months now and is just starting to coo and smile. She can roll on one side now too. I know I have a long time before I need to start thinking about homeschooling but its never too early right? Being a new rather young mom I'm a little flustered with all these new things. I just grauduated highschool a year ago. I do feel however that I am a natural at mothering. So I guess Im just wreatching out to those of you that can help me get started on this whole homeschooling thing. Any advice would be helpful.

Love, Kady Jo :)

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Kady!  You're right it's never too early!  You enjoy that little one all you can!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Good for you on making the decision early.

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

She is at the stage where she needs you to focus on her and her needs.  As she gets a little older she will learn through play and exploration.  Start doing research now and looking into the options that are available for her future.  You can start gathering stuff now like flash cards to help with the learning experience.  Good luck and congratulations!!!!

NoraDun
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats, my best advice from now until about 2 is to use every moment of every day to teach. When you are playing with toys point and say the colors, count the toys, sing the abc, count to 10. I made a song for my kids to spell their names. My oldest sang X-A-V     I-E-R    O-N-E    A-L-B    R-O-G    G-I-N Spells....Xavier ONeal Broggin. And he could spell his name by the time he was 12 mns. When they get older when you walk up and down stars count. I got my kids a puzzle with shapes. And we would talk about the colors and the names. So they new there shapes early on. You can also get educational games. There are videos for infants on up on youtube that are all education. Lots of intereaction, and touch is really good for infants. Make faces, make eye contact, rub their arms, hair etc. Touch is really really good. Anything black and white, patterns etc is good for their brain. You will also notice around 2 mns if you make a face your baby will try to do the same. So make lots of faces. Stick you tong out, smile, coo, etc Again Congrats and Good Luck

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Welcome!

I agree w/ Nora, interact w/ your baby.

I wrote a few articles and blog posts over the years on the subject of starting to teach you infant -

http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/search?q=Pre+preschool
http://voices.yahoo.com/home-education-young-child-782315.html?cat=4
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-young-too-young--1541795.html?cat=4

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

gratefulgal
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Congratulations!! Welcome and best of luck! If I would have known the future (in homeschooling, what it was really like) I would have calmed down and enjoyed my babies more. No one ever has the regret of " I wish I would have spent LESS time with them". :) Enjoy them all you can!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I love all the advice above.  Congratulations deadheadmom601.  We know the feeling.  bow down

oredeb
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

congratulations on new little girl kady!! right it never to early to think of hsing! find out all you can, read about it, ask questions, by the time shes ready you'll know what you wana do!

have fun with her kady, they grow up so fast, let her be a child, play with her, teach her songs, have fun with her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)