Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Added question How do YOU teach spelling in early education.

Posted by   + Show Post
So I was looking for some different ideas to teach spelling. Right now I am just having him memorize spelling but there has to be something fun to do.

Added question: How many spelling words a week should k-2 have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (21-25):
mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM

What app are you using?  I bet I could get DS to spell 10x more words if it were on an ipad, lol.  This child is a technology nut.

Quoting Boobah:

I use all about spelling. It's seriously worth the money. Julia loves it and so do I. We use an iPad app with it instead of the big white board and magnets but you can do either. If you want to know more let me know. We are going to AAS level 2 for second grade. It doesn't go by grade just in order.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
You're not bothering me at all! I made my own magnetic letters because I'm a cheapo. :) I had magnet paper already so I just created them in word or something. Then I found an app for my iPad for $2.99 I think and we use that now instead of the magnets. Totally worth the $2.99. Haha

Quoting irvinehiker:

Sorry to bug you with obnoxious q's.  I did a little more looking into the program and I see that I TOTALLY need everything.  I was just being cheapo!

Quoting Boobah:

I will take a look at it tomorrow to refresh my memory, but idk how youd use it without the tm.

Quoting irvinehiker:

I was just looking at AAS.   Do you NEED the teacher's book or can you do without?  I have one kid that really struggles with spelling.  This looks like a good program. 

Quoting Boobah:

I use all about spelling. It's seriously worth the money. Julia loves it and so do I. We use an iPad app with it instead of the big white board and magnets but you can do either. If you want to know more let me know. We are going to AAS level 2 for second grade. It doesn't go by grade just in order.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM
The little icon says word wizard I speak word. I'm betting if you put word wizard it would come up. It has a little magic wand in the picture. There is an awesome app that works alongside AAS perfectly, but it's expensive so we skipped it.

Quoting mynameismuerte:

What app are you using?  I bet I could get DS to spell 10x more words if it were on an ipad, lol.  This child is a technology nut.

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM

OK just one more ?, I promise!  Did you use the CD ROM?  Looks like some people don't use it.  I'm thinking I'll go with tm/student book and letter tiles/magnets  seperate not in the package. And just make those silly divider cards.  That will save some $, I'll buy over at RR and get free ship....goodness I am CHEAP!

Quoting Boobah:

You're not bothering me at all! I made my own magnetic letters because I'm a cheapo. :) I had magnet paper already so I just created them in word or something. Then I found an app for my iPad for $2.99 I think and we use that now instead of the magnets. Totally worth the $2.99. Haha

Quoting irvinehiker:

Sorry to bug you with obnoxious q's.  I did a little more looking into the program and I see that I TOTALLY need everything.  I was just being cheapo!

Quoting Boobah:

I will take a look at it tomorrow to refresh my memory, but idk how youd use it without the tm.

Quoting irvinehiker:

I was just looking at AAS.   Do you NEED the teacher's book or can you do without?  I have one kid that really struggles with spelling.  This looks like a good program. 

Quoting Boobah:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I got the cd free, they had a sale last year. But yes, I used it when teaching the phonograms. It really helped me because it spoke each one clearly and I didn't. Idk how much it is, it's not absolutely necessary but it did help us.

Quoting irvinehiker:

OK just one more ?, I promise!  Did you use the CD ROM?  Looks like some people don't use it.  I'm thinking I'll go with tm/student book and letter tiles/magnets  seperate not in the package. And just make those silly divider cards.  That will save some $, I'll buy over at RR and get free ship....goodness I am CHEAP!

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN