Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Alabama Homeschoolers

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

I signed my 5 year old up for homeschooling at a cover school today (In the state of Alabama you have to go through a church or have a licensed teacher/tutor to homeschool.) I am really excited to get started next week. In your opinions what are the basics that a kindergartener should learn. I would just like to make sure I have my bases covered.

by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM

As long as your child is learning, not already has to know,  the abc's, coloring, finger dexterity, shapes, colors, can say their name, you are all right.  even if your 5 yr old is still learning these things its still okay.  You just wanna make sure that your child is learning to have a love for learning and is enjoying surroundings.  This is one of the most exciting times when they are young. You get to watch their beautiful eyes light up when they understand what their being taught.  :)   Are you the one who is going to cover the material with your 5 yr old? 

Wonderlust
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Yes I am. They have classes you can take. But until she is older I'll be doing it mostly on my own. I'm excited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN