Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

School name?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM
  • 39 Replies

Here in Nebraska we have to have have a name for our homeschool. Is that the same everywhere else? If so, what is your school name? We decided to go with Druck Academy (our last name is Druckenmiller).

Carmen
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NKJ

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM

That sounds cute.  I think I might have to do that when we move to North Carolina.  I have heard about several famlies in the area we are moving to that have had to do that.  We do not have to do that in Florida.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM
We are "last name creative academy" :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM
We don't have to, but we're Last Name Academy. I made letterhead and business cards, plus we're getting "school" pictures done next week so I can have ID cards made. They're handy for getting student and teacher discounts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM

We do not. But here in Indiana, we have to do almost nothing. It's great. :) 

I did have to make up a name to get the B & N discount card, but I forget now what it was!

oredeb
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

good morning intmom!!

we dont have to in oregon, so we dont have one!

MrsWhite101610
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I didn't know you could get the discount as a homeschooling teacher. Did you need some type of proof? I'm home schooling dd this year but I'm new to it all.

Quoting hipmomto3:

I did have to make up a name to get the B & N discount card, but I forget now what it was!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I didn't know you could get the discount as a homeschooling teacher. Did you need some type of proof? I'm home schooling dd this year but I'm new to it all.

Quoting hipmomto3:

You need to call or go down to your local B&N and ask them to look it up for you. It's not on the website, it's on the in-store network. They have it set up so that each state's B&Ns require different things. Ours in IL just wanted a letter with our name, the ages of the kids we were hs'ing, and our address.

To be perfectly honest, I still get better prices by ordering from Amazon, but it's nice for the days when we actually take a trip to a real bookstore.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

Lily.Asylum
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I want a name ! I want Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. I am such an X-Men geek. I would do it if they asked. I actually do get to give a diploma when he graduates. That is 15 years from now though so we will see when we get there.

RatherBeReading
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

We had to have one, so ours is ___street we live on___ Christian Home School. We had to come up with it quickly, but I wish we would have been more creative. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Ours is last name Hill Academy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN